Florida Babies
Options

Any ideas on how to find a baby to care for?

New to the area, and watched two different newborns until age two where I used to live. It was a wonderful experience. Looking to do the same here in Riverview/Brandon area. CL is a joke,  would love ideas from other parents with SAHM's watching your little one? If you watch someone else's baby besides your own how much do you make a week? Do you go the the babies home or stay at your own home? Would love some feedback and if you are a new mommy looking for one on one and later on two on one care, would love to get a pm from you.

Re: Any ideas on how to find a baby to care for?

• Options

Word of mouth maybe? I watch one child with mine. have had her since she was about 12 weeks old. I got paid what the clients paid a daycare center. So 185.00 a week in cash paid before the friday before. I had been used a few times and was out money before. The child has become part of my family, I take the child to Disney with me, and other fun places. We just don't sit home. But the other plus is, the couple can go out without having to worry about the baby also. Just the other day, we were in the car and the little girl said "home" when I pulled into my complex. I thought it was cute, and I am glad she thinks of my home like home. She is with me usually 50+ hours. We also go meet the mom for lunch sometimes. Hope this is helpful. However, I would pick someone you click with as it's important for whoever you work with to become like family.

Jillian

• Options

I've seen sittercity.com advertised on tv quite a bit lately.  I would also looks for nanny agencies in Tampa that could help you get your name out there.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We used care.com to find our current sitter.
  • Options
    Thank You.
  • Options
    We have also used Care.com to find our current nanny. We pay her $10 an hour. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"