North Dakota Babies
Options

Had u/s yesterday- weird results, midwife said ok, still worried

So I had my first u/s yesterday- a total surprise, I was just going in for bloodwork. My OB was out of the office in surgery, but his wife who is the midwife said we could do an u/s since I had not had one.

because I wasn't expecting to have it done, I had E w/ me, and I was alone, and held her while I was having it done.

By my calculations, which I know are accurate, I'm 10 weeks, but the u/s showed my sac at 7, w/ the fetus at 6w4d w/ no HB.

she said everything looked good, but couldn't give me any answers w/o my OB. And scheduled mr for an appt. In 4wks.

my edd drastically changed to July 4th- yay. And I left excited.

then I started googling, now I'm freaking out.

K+S 9.18.9 | DD #1 age 2 | PG # 5 EDD 9.17.12

Re: Had u/s yesterday- weird results, midwife said ok, still worried

• Options

Okay, I think I'm confused Krissie. 

So, you're 10 weeks along by your calculations, the sac measures at 7, the fetus measures at just under 7 weeks and there is no heartbeart?

They didn't want to do any more investigation into the heartbeat? 

Katy and Brett ~ Runaway Bay, Jamaica ~ October 4, 2008

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options
    hmm, I'm with Katy on this one... they didn't want to schedule an u/s sooner than 4 weeks?  Especially if you are sure your calculations are right, and the measurement was so far off?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Didn't they change your due date like 100 times with E too? 

I hope everything is OK!

• Options
    Hugs! Definitely call up there as soon as they open up again to try to get some answers. Hopefully they will be able to reassure you and everything is fine!
  • Options
    Sending tons of hugs. That sounds like a really confusing appointment.
  • Options

I'm really confused, too.  I specifically requested an u/s at 10 weeks to confirm the heartbeat in order for us to break the news to our families at Christmas.  If I was told no heartbeat, I would have been worried.  How can the MW just say it's OK.  I would definitely call on Friday if they are open and request to speak with the OB since the MW didn't give you any acceptable answers.

((( hugs )))

• Options
    Sending you loads of hugs. I can see why you are still worried. I agree with pp to call their office tomorrow and see if you can get an appointment with your regular O/B,
  • Options
    I think she was just thinking that my calculations were wrong. But I know exactly what day I started LMP because I have the receipt from buying tampons. My cycles are 30-31 days. W/ E the first OB went to didn't believe that I would know that, and based my EDD on a 28 day cycle. Them when I went to my current OB, He decided I was right after taking her measurements. She had measured small until the very end. And was born 5days before her final EDD at 38 wks gestational age.

what I am hoping is that 2 things happened- she measured wrong, she's just the MW, not a radiologist or an OB, and that the baby was positioned in a weird way. I can't remember when we heard the HB for the first time W/ E. I know at the first u/s the tech couldn't find it and told me there was no baby and I was going to have a m/s. But then the OB was able to find it 4 days later.

I am just so mad at my self for just walking out of there. I should have pressed her more. I am def going to call Monday. I might even go into the OB urgent care at the womens hospital OB fri & have an u/s dine to ease my mind.

if it is worst case, I think the only thing she may have been doing was trying to protect me and not ruin my holiday. My mom had 7 m/c's and said it was usually a couple of days before she could get scheduled got d&c's so she might just be waiting to tell me until Friday- that's my moms crazy rational at least.

thanks for the support girls. I know that if the baby is already gone or I'm going to have a m/c they'd is nothing j can do to prevent it, so I just need to get off the Internet, enjoy my day snd start getting ready for dinner w/ the fan tonight.

K+S 9.18.9 | DD #1 age 2 | PG # 5 EDD 9.17.12

• Options
    Oh Krissie, sending lots of hugs.  I hope everything is ok.  Call me if you need to talk.
  • Options
    I hope everything is okay Krissie.  Thinking of you!
    Katy and Brett ~ Runaway Bay, Jamaica ~ October 4, 2008

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options
    Definitely have you in my thoughts and prayers, Krissie. Hope you are able to get some better answers soon. ((big hugs))
    married 7.3.08 - mc 8.10 - dd 6.4.11 cp 10.13 - bfp 11.13 edd 7.22.13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    *Hugs* Krissie! I hope everything is okay!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    im hoping everything turns out for the best for you....have you in my t&p!
  • Options
    *hugs!*  I hope everything is okay.  I can't believe she just let you leave without more information!  Hopefully you can see your OB soon to clear this up.
  • Options
    (((((hugs))))  I hope everything's ok!!  I'll be thinking of you and praying for you guys!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"