Wisconsin Babies

Can you rec. a dr.? (PCOS)

I haven't been on here in a long time (the twins keep me pretty busy and this site is way too addictive), so if this has recently been asked, please let me know and I will search for it.

We had trouble getting pregnant and my RE diagnosed me with PCOS. After one round of meds and an IUI we were very lucky to become pregnant with twins. I had asked my gyno about the side effects of PCOS and other than telling me to lose some weight, he didn't have much to say.

I am not sure what the norm is as far as 'treating' pcos when you are not trying to get pregnant. I have gone back on the pill since I was having menstrual and acne problems.  But I have other concerns such as the thinning hair and I've always had a problem losing weight. I would like to get things under control, for one thing because we may want more children down the line.  I guess I'm just wondering if anyone else out there with PCOS could tell me their experience as far as how to lessen the symptoms and how involved their dr. is with that. If anyone has a dr. in SE Wis. that they could recommend, that would be great as well. Thanks.

*Siggy Warning*

About me  2007: Started TTC. 2008: OB prescribed clomid, went to RE and was Dx with PCOS. 2009: IUI #1 w/follitsim and trigger = BFP. B/G Twins born at 33 weeks. 2012: TTC #3, Round 2 of Letrozole w/TI = BFP, missed m/c at 8 1/2 wks. Currently on the bench as we make plans for a new home. Anxious to start TTC #3 within the next year!

Re: Can you rec. a dr.? (PCOS)

• i don't really have any advice for you, but i am somewhat dealing with the same thing. i always had regular cycles and got pregnant on our first try. however, since having dd 8 months ago, everything has changed. i have formula fed since day 1 and have only had 3 periods since having dd in february. i've been having problems with acne and hair loss. i've been working out and the scale isn't moving, but thankfully i'm within a normal weight range anyway (just a little higher than i'd like!). i went to see my ob about all this, and i was diagnosed as "borderline pcos". my ob prescribed me bcp to help with the symptoms and that was about it. i suffer from severe migraines with aura, so unfortunately taking the bcp is not really an option - i never filled the prescription. at this point i'm just trying to eat healthy, keep up with going to the gym, and am meeting with a dermatologist in a couple weeks to try to treat the skin aspect of things. it is very frustrating and it doesn't seem like anyone has real answers. good luck to you!
  • Hi, I vaugly remember you from over on botb! 

Anywho, I see Dr Waters and Dr Evans out of Dean Clinic in Madison. Love them both!  I also have PCOS and no longer TTC.  I still see them. 

Not sure what direction we are headed. Either way, I am up for the ride.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"