Houston Babies

Pearland Daycare

Can anybody recommend a daycare for an infant in Pearland? I'm open to a daycare that's ran out of a home, center, or church. Also, possibly a nanny.

Thanks!

Re: Pearland Daycare

• I feel like i'm always answering this for the Pearlanders. :0)

Child care centers where pearland nesties have or have had their kids and are happy with services include:

Montessori of Downtown on CR 90.

Primrose on 94 (there is a new one on the SCR side too).

Kindercare

Kids R Kids on the Shadow Creek Ranch side (I did not like the one on CR90 and several moms at my daughter's current school have pulled their kids from there too).

Tottenberry's Private school (further in but still West Pearland).

"If you can't say something nice, shut the hell up!"
    - Paula Deen to 104.1 KRBE's Producer Eric 9/17/2011
  • Thanks for the reply! I'm new to Pearland and a soon to be mom. Price-wise do you know if they are all about the same? Also, do you know if they have long waiting lists?

• Loading the player...
  • imageavacura15:

Thanks for the reply! I'm new to Pearland and a soon to be mom. Price-wise do you know if they are all about the same? Also, do you know if they have long waiting lists?

We had DD at Primrose for two months until I decided to stay home with her. We paid our deposit in November to save her spot and their first opening was June at that time...perfect for us since she went into daycare the last week of June. The second Primrose in SCR wasn't open at the time though so not sure if that helps their wait list some now. Some daycares I looked into didn't have wait lists, all my top choices did.

Price wise, they are not the same. The better the daycare, in my opinion, the more expensive it was. That's just my opinion though - my top choices were all the most expensive in the area. The ranges weren't huge but it adds up.

• We're looking at daycares in Pearland right now and I just wanted to ditto the pp's recs. The prices run from about $800 - $1200/4 weeks (including fees). The wait lists are all over the place. Primrose has the longest, but several of the other great facilities have spots opening in just a few months, or have spots now. GL!! :)
    DD born March 2011
    DS born Dec 10, 2013
  • The W.Pearland Primrose had around six babies when I went to visit on Veteran's day.  They'll tell you if you call for sure...all places know that the infant spots are in demand.

I used Michellebelle's recs exclusively!!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageTexasAgMel:

The W.Pearland Primrose had around six babies when I went to visit on Veteran's day.  They'll tell you if you call for sure...all places know that the infant spots are in demand.

I used Michellebelle's recs exclusively!!

No pressure! ;-) 

When my daughter was an infant, getting into Primrose was a 16 month wait.  I understand that was a freak of nature situation where there was just a huge spike in babies in Pearland at the time and it's not so bad now.  I went when I was 10 weeks pregnant and reserved a spot.  She was 10 months old when a spot opened up!  But a lot of parents of older kids had second kids at that time so they get preference.

I enrolled her at Kinder Care on CR90.  I think when you go to the Montessori or Primrose it is not very impressive.  But the infant teachers that cared for my daughter are still there - and she will be 4 in January.  Her BFF and she moved to one of the other schools mentioned above when they turned 3.  but her BFF's baby sister is again and Kinder Care even though her mom could have her at the school we have the girls at now.  Miss Charlene and Ms. Belen at Kinder Care took exceptional care of our girls.  And Miss Shanna the director is super nice.  If you got here, tell her Michelle, Maddie's mom (Rebecca's friend) referred you. :-)

"If you can't say something nice, shut the hell up!"
    - Paula Deen to 104.1 KRBE's Producer Eric 9/17/2011
  • My nephew goes to Montessori of Downtown and they love it.  And so does he!

And they are quite picky parents, so I feel comfortable in suggesting it second hand.  Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"