Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Well...looks like it's wait it out or D & C

I took my 2nd dose of Cytotec yesterday and again....nothing.  Well, nothing by a swollen vagina.  Yes, that's right....a swollen vagina.  I called the on call doc yesterday and she says it's probably an allergic reaction from taking it vaginally.  She says that I should be fine as long as I don't have any shortness of breath, swelling anywhere in the mouth, etc....

This sucks so bad. I just want it to be over with.  DH and I really don't have the money for a D & C, so I guess we will be waiting it out.  This is pure torture.  It has already been almost 2 weeks since baby's heart stopped beating.

I am an emotional wreck.  This morning, I flipped out on my husband because he made mention of the house being a mess.  I guess I am just a little sensitive about everything that is going on in my life right now.  I just want to feel normal again.

Thanks for listening to my vent.  I hope that everyone got through Turkey day alright!

Re: Well...looks like it's wait it out or D & C

• Options
    I'm sorry you have to go through this, I know it sucks.  Hopefully the physical part will be over for you soon. HUGS!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    PCOS, Ectopic & M/C of twins October 2010, Currently TTC #2
  • Options

Oh no! I'm so sorry that this has been such an ordeal for you. Of course the house is a mess! Have you looked into other options for a procedure? I'm pretty sure mine was less expensive because they did it in the office and without General Anesthesia; it was called a manual vacuum aspiration. It might be worth calling around to see if other docs in the area have less expensive procedures to offer.

I know you're probably not looking for advice. So i'm sending ((HUGS)) you way.

BFP#1 9/14/10 (EDD 5/21/11); no fetal pole 6w6d, 7w4d, d&c 10/8
    BFP#2 3/16/11, beta 138; 4/12 Baby/HB DS born 9/10/11 at 29w4d due to partial abruption and PTL
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#3 8/19/13 Another boy! 17P, modified bedrest and Nifedipine helped us have a termie! DS2 born 4/19/14 at 38w5d.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagehaziedaze:

Oh no! I'm so sorry that this has been such an ordeal for you. Of course the house is a mess! Have you looked into other options for a procedure? I'm pretty sure mine was less expensive because they did it in the office and without General Anesthesia; it was called a manual vacuum aspiration. It might be worth calling around to see if other docs in the area have less expensive procedures to offer.

I know you're probably not looking for advice. So i'm sending ((HUGS)) you way.

Thanks!  I know that you had mentioned that to me before.  I have talked to two docs (my regular GYN and my OB) and neither of them have mentioned that.  I will ask again.

• Options
    I'm so sorry you're going through this. I hope you are able to get some closure soon.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Congrats to both my TTC buddies, Amberley18 and sb2006 on their beautiful babies!
  • Options
    Please let me know if you need more information. I'm keeping you in my T&P and hoping your body figures things out and it happens naturally soon!
    BFP#1 9/14/10 (EDD 5/21/11); no fetal pole 6w6d, 7w4d, d&c 10/8
    BFP#2 3/16/11, beta 138; 4/12 Baby/HB DS born 9/10/11 at 29w4d due to partial abruption and PTL
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#3 8/19/13 Another boy! 17P, modified bedrest and Nifedipine helped us have a termie! DS2 born 4/19/14 at 38w5d.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"