North Dakota Babies
Options

Blackberry vs. Iphone

I may finally join the rest of the world and get a smartphone. What do you recommend and why?
[Poll]
~Kimberly & Eric~ April 21, 2008 ~Tensing Pen ~ Negril, Jamaica ~ My Blog: One Sunset at a Time

Re: Blackberry vs. Iphone

• Options

I will tell you what not to get.  DH and I recently got Samsung Intercepts that run on the Android software.  They pretty much suck, like dial-up internet suck about 75% of the time.  People who have the actual Droid phone like them though.

I have an Ipod touch and has all the capabilities of the Iphone minus the phone part.  I love it and it is super easier to navigate the screens and apps.

• Options
    I also have an iPod touch. Two actually one personal one work. I debated the bb but wasn't fun enough for me and I really dont like it (dh has one I tried. I got a Sony ericson xperia cause it has 8 meg camera. Only thing I don't like is battery blows and no flash.
    A & T Since 2009 Parents of A born July 2010
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I love my HTC HD2 :) Almost everyone I know has an iPhone though...and loves them. I've been with T-mobile for as long as I can remember. Plus, we just renewed for another 2 years over the summer. Won't be switching carriers anytime soon!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker ashley jordan est. 06.07.08 | siesta key, fl
  • Options
    I love my iPhone. I've had two friends switch from their iPhones to a Evo because of reception issues. One is really happy now; the other hated it and switched back to the iPhone. 
  • Options

I voted "other" because I am in loooooove with my HTC Evo 4G. It's an awesome phone! My H also has a Droid phone and loves it also. My mom, brother, and brothers gf have iPhones. My mom likes hers but can barely operate the thing. My brother & his gf just upgraded to the iPhone 4 and seem to like them a lot. Honestly I don't think you can really go wrong with any of the Smartphones now.

I have had Blackberry's in the past and based on ease of use & general fun stuff, I like my HTC Evo better. 

• Options
    I have never tried anything else but I love my iPhone. The reception is not as good as with my old phone but not so bad that it has been a big issue.
  • Options
    I'm an iPhone lover!  When I first got it I didn't think I would use all the 'fanciness' on it much, but now find it so handy that I'm not sure it's such a good thing I'm so reliant on it.  There are so many apps available, but I find that I use the basic ones the most such the weather, movie times, mapquest, google, pandora. 
  • Options
    imagestlucia_wife:

I had a blackberry before my iPhone and HATED it!  I could never figure the damn thing out.  I know it was just me.  I feel like a Blackberry is made for PC users and my brain is wired for Apple.  Never really had issues with it, just could not figure it out.

Now, that being said, I LOVE my iPhone!  It makes me so happy!  I am actually heading out next week to get the new iPhone and can't wait!  I love that I can sync up my iPhone, iPad, and MacBook together.

This. I used a BB for about a week before I switched to my iPhone. It has literally become an extension of my hand, and I can't wait to upgrade. My iPhone actually helped change my mind from PC to MAC- and I'm never going back. I just ditched my HP laptop and got a MacBook as my bday prezzie to myself. I use it to nest/bump. Texting is so much easier, but the Internet can't be beat. Also I have a major problem w/ charging my phone and I can get through a day and z half in one charge w/ my use. My mom gets through 2 , my dad through 3.

Downfalls:

TextEdit

delicate screen- I've got a nasty crack in mine, but in still doing better than my old phones, I average a phone every 4-6 months.

K+S 9.18.9 | DD #1 age 2 | PG # 5 EDD 9.17.12

• Options
    imageMissMex:
    imagestlucia_wife:

I had a blackberry before my iPhone and HATED it!  I could never figure the damn thing out.  I know it was just me.  I feel like a Blackberry is made for PC users and my brain is wired for Apple.  Never really had issues with it, just could not figure it out.

Now, that being said, I LOVE my iPhone!  It makes me so happy!  I am actually heading out next week to get the new iPhone and can't wait!  I love that I can sync up my iPhone, iPad, and MacBook together.

This. I used a BB for about a week before I switched to my iPhone. It has literally become an extension of my hand, and I can't wait to upgrade. My iPhone actually helped change my mind from PC to MAC- and I'm never going back. I just ditched my HP laptop and got a MacBook as my bday prezzie to myself. I use it to nest/bump. Texting is so much easier, but the Internet can't be beat. Also I have a major problem w/ charging my phone and I can get through a day and z half in one charge w/ my use. My mom gets through 2 , my dad through 3.

Downfalls:

TextEdit

delicate screen- I've got a nasty crack in mine, but in still doing better than my old phones, I average a phone every 4-6 months.

There is a screen protector that you can get.  I have it on my DroidX and it is great.  It doesn't mess up the touchscreen or make it any less sensitive.  Here is a link and here is another.

Kim, I would go iPhone over blackberry.  I just got a new phone and joined the rest of the world too.  Pretty much love it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"