Houston Babies
Options

I gave up...

After getting sick about 5 weeks ago I never got my BM supply back.  I was pumping at work and only getting 5oz for the entire day! After trying all yalls tricks I decided last week that enough was enough.  I threw in the towel with the pump.  I now just feed my little man in the morning and evening or approximately every 12 hours.  I want to make this last till after Christmas if at all possible.  I really believe it is the key to keeping him healthy.  I felt really bad at first, but coming back to work on Monday without my pump was actually really exciting.

We did start solids last night.  Shall see how this goes.  Have to start reading up on all of this now!

Re: I gave up...

• Options

I gave up BFing to about 2 months ago. I really couldn't do it anymore. The bathrooms in my office have no electricity plugs, the conference rooms are always occupied, and my office has huge glass walls. Pumping at work wasn't working. To top it all off, I had to travel a lot for business in the last month and I didn't want to interrupt meetings every three hours to pump. 

I still think about the health implications of this decisions, but this has been really better for my sanity.

Good luck with solids. If you're baby is getting constipated from solids remember that P is for pooping: plums, pear, peaches. prunes, etc. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options

I think any amount of BM is great so nursing twice a day is still great. That's what I keep telling myself as well... 

I go back forth daily on whether to continue or not. My goal was six months and DD was exclusively BF for nearly 8 months. We introduced formula so that I wouldn't have to pump anymore (when leaving her with ILs or DH). She's still 90% BF but everyday I say I'm going to wean. I never thought I'd make it this far but now that 12 months is less than 4 months away, I am going to keep nursing her when she's with me for the most part and then give her formula at MDO, when she's with ILs or DH and when we're out and about and I don't feel like nursing in public.There hasn't been a dip in my supply yet so we'll keep going as long as we can.

And like you, I was glad to be rid of my pump...7.5 months of pumping (2 months regularly while working and then as needed) were enough for me. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think what you're doing is great. So many ppl seem to think nursing is all or nothing, but if you can continue to have that time and BF 2x a day, that's what works for you. It's not like formula erases the benefits of BM. Honestly, as a huge, crazy lactivist, I wish more people would realize that you can nurse part time, on a schedule that works for you, and feed solids/give formula other times, rather than just give up altogether.
  • Options
    I wouldn't call it giving up!  You are just doing what is right for your family at this time!  You should be proud of any amount that you are able to BF -it can be quite challenging.  Congrats to you what you have accomplished so far!
  • Options

imagerayskit10:
    I think what you're doing is great. So many ppl seem to think nursing is all or nothing, but if you can continue to have that time and BF 2x a day, that's what works for you. It's not like formula erases the benefits of BM. Honestly, as a huge, crazy lactivist, I wish more people would realize that you can nurse part time, on a schedule that works for you, and feed solids/give formula other times, rather than just give up altogether.

This, exacty!  You are doing great.  :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"