3rd Trimester

Weight gain average for third trimester?

Hi--I'm lurking and hope you don't mind my asking...for those of you near the end..how much have you gained on average for third trimester? Im up quite a bit and heading into third tri and trying to "guesstimate" my overall gain as I seem to actually be slowing down now. Thanks in advance for responding and sorry to be adding to the numerous weight gain posts!

Re: Weight gain average for third trimester?

• So far in my 3rd I've gained about 4 lbs. Hope you are enjoying this final step!
  • Although I'm not quite at the end yet, in the past 5 weeks I've gained 3lbs.,

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • oops, I gained 3lbs in 10 days.

However, I was just put on bedrest and have family cooking my every wish  Damnit to hell.  I'm so screwed...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I gained 12 lbs.  BUT I didn't gain any before the third tri.
  • I think it was about 28 weeks when I gained 5 lbs in one week. Besides that time, it was normall 1-2 lbs. I gained 30 over all. ( 5' 6", 125 pre preg)
  • WIth my DS, I gained 23lbs in the third tri (gained 50lbs total).  17 of that was in the last 6 weeks and I was pretty swollen at the end.  With DD, I gained 10lbs in the third tri and somehow didn't gain any the last 5 weeks and had minimal to no swelling (gained 37lbs total).
    My Bio
    Blog
    Miles Alister. 9.17.2007. 8# 6oz 21.5inches
    Isla Penelope. 10.21.2010. 8# 3oz 21 inches
    2 Months 11# 6oz 23.5 inches
    4 Months 13# 6oz 25 inches
    6 Months 14# 15oz 27 inches
    9 Months 17# 10oz 28 inches
    12 Months 19# 10oz 28.75 inches
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I gained about 3 pounds from 30 weeks onwards. My weight fluctuated +/- 5 pounds on any given couple weeks as my appetite changed and swelling ebbed and flowed. I definitely noticed from 32-38 weeks that I just wasn't hungry OR I'd fill up really fast because things were getting crowded. It was a welcome change from 2nd trimester when I felt like I was constantly snacking because I was always a little hungry. Good luck and try to just focus on looking healthy as opposed to the numbers. I worked out throughout my entire pregnancy so I really never gained it anywhere other than the belly, which was encouraging as the numbers kept going up. At least I could look at myself in the mirror and think "hmmm....well at least the weight is only going where it needs to go!" :)
  • I am not, apparently, one of those people whose gain slows in the second tri. I had gained 15 pounds by week 27 and have gained another 10 already since then (7 weeks.) sadface.
  • Not officially in 3rd tri yet with this baby but with DD, I gained 10 in the 1st part of the 3rd tri but in my last month and a half I ended up losing 5 of it somehow. 
  • I think I gained 2lbs. I've gained 14lbs total, 12lbs in the 2nd trimester within three weeks. With DD1, I gained more towards the end...but I haven't really gained too much with DD2.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • imagekdodge423:

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=average+weight+gain+during+3rd+trimester

Some will be above, some will be below. The magic of averages.

How did you do that? Is that a google extension? It's fantastic :) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"