North Dakota Babies
Options

When can babies sleep with a lovey?

I think it would help Reese to figure out what to do with her unswaddled arms, but I'm not sure at what point it would be considered safe.

Re: When can babies sleep with a lovey?

• Options

I think it depends on your baby and what you are comfortable with. I know most people think its best to wait until close to a year old to have loose blankets/loveys/etc. But like you, C didn't know what to do with his arms and if I would put his lovey next to him he would hold it and cuddle up to it and fall asleep. I will usually move it once he is asleep though. And it helps that we have the video monitor to keep an eye on him and make sure he doesn't do anything crazy.

• Options
    We started at around 9 months...just because we felt he was "old" enough where he wouldn't suffocate if we left it in his crib.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ours is really lightweight muslin, so I'm not real worried about it. We tried it around 4 or 5 months but she wasn't real interested. I am getting ready to try it again soon.
  • Options
    I have some aden+anais muslin loveys and I keep one in G's crib.  Sometimes he holds on to it but mostly he's not interested yet.  I have started swaddling his arms again though so he doesn't need it now.
  • Options

My BFF said she started her 3 LOs with theirs around 10 weeks.  This seemed early to me, so I waited until about 4-5 months I think? 

She sleeps with it every night & for all naps, but she hasn't really connected with it.  I'm kinda bummed about that- I think it is cute when they have an attachment object!  I guess hers is her thumb!

• Options
    We started giving Caroline her when we were trying to wean her from the swaddle.  We had the same thought as you - it would give her something to do with her hands.  We started this around 6 months. She was a bit interested in her lovey, but it took some time.  Now she has 2 that she loves to sleep with and cuddle with sometimes during the day. 
  • Options
    Karter could care less about a loviething.  I put something in there and she plays with it.  So nothing goes in the crib.  But it makes me sad because my friend at mommy & me did sleep training with it.  Now he uses his lovie for naps too.  She wants to cuddle him to sleep and he'd rather cuddle his lovie.  K goes down by herself for naps but sometimes she cries a little. 
  • Options
    The recommendation is no blankets until age 1 year.  I consider this to include lovies, and don't let me LO have one in the crib.  My LO sleeps in a Halo Sleepsack, which signals sleep time for him and is something he can touch if he wants to. 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"