Indiana Babies

Slowish Board Poll re: house temps

What do you keep your house thermostat set on in the winter?  And do you have gas or electric heat?

We used to have electric heat at our old house and kept it at about 70. Now we have gas and we keep it at 65. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Slowish Board Poll re: house temps

• Electric and we usually keep it somewhere between 68-70.
  • electric and we keep it at 69 or 70.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • It's a war in our house... I seem to always be cold.  DH sets it at 62-65 and I set it 69-70 (as I sit here in our 64 degree house under 2 blankets with my winter coat on... time to change the thermostat again! )
  • Electric heat.

Programmable thermostat set at 69 when we're home, 62 when we're away and 65 overnight.  It does go up to 71 at 6am, the perfect temperature for getting out from underneath my warm blankets and out of the shower.  :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have absolutely no clue if ours is gas or electric.  We usually keep it between 68-70.  We try to keep it at 68 but sometimes if we get cold we'll turn it up a little.
  • Electric and it has been staying at 67.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We have a heat pump with a gas back-up, and we keep it at 69 in the winter.  We used to have a programmable thermostat at our old house that I loved, but with our heat pump it is supossed to work better if it stays more constant.
  • We have electric and it is 68 right now. I am freezing! I like it around 72, but DH always turns it back down.
  • We used to have electric heat and kept it at about 69-70.  Now we have gas and we keep it at 67-68.  It just seems so much warmer.  Although it is a new house and this will be our first winter there, so it may just be us getting used to it. :)

• 68-70 and I'm always freeezing cold
  • 64-66...however at night, we usually build a fire in the fireplace and that makes it nice and toasty :-)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We have gas and leave ours at 64. We have an edenPURE heater though and that keeps our living room very warm.
    ~Micah and Danae 6-17-06~
    ~GRACIE JEAN 7-5-08~

Pregnancy Ticker
  • 64 and electric, maybe 66 when it gets down into single digits. I'm always freezing. DH would keep it lower. I'm thinking about getting a space heater for the winter for the family room....anyone have any suggestions?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • gas  we keep it at 66
  • gas and at night and during the day when we're away it's at 62. in the evening and weekends when we're home, 64 - 65. 

whent it gets below freezing, i'll hit everything up a couple degrees.

• Electric and it stays set at 68 pretty much all winter. 
  • imagefruitcakes:
    Electric and we usually keep it somewhere between 68-70.

Same here. We had gas heat at our first house and I miss it. Electric heat feels so dry. Blah.
  • imagefruitcakes:
    Electric and we usually keep it somewhere between 68-70.

Same here. We had gas heat at our first house and I miss it. Electric heat feels so dry. Blah.
  • gas.....

65 when we are gone. 

66 at night maybe 67 but it gets too warm upstairs (bedrooms, etc) to sleep at that..or at least I think so

68-70 if we are downstairs and chilly. 

My goal is to keep it at 70 or below all winter!!!

• imagecrabapple:

gas and at night and during the day when we're away it's at 62. in the evening and weekends when we're home, 64 - 65. 

whent it gets below freezing, i'll hit everything up a couple degrees.

Pretty much this!

Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"