North Dakota Babies
Options

No teeth

E is still has her gummy grin. Her Pedi has been saying she was teething since 3 months. I can feel the teeth, but they are no different than they were 4 months ago, but a little more pronounced than at 3 mo, but still haven't broken through. I've read up on it a little, it's rare, but not a huge issue according to what I've read- I shouldn't worry until she's 18mo. Would you worry though? IDK of any babies w/ no teeth at almost 10mo. Or am I just being paranoid?

K+S 9.18.9 | DD #1 age 2 | PG # 5 EDD 9.17.12

Re: No teeth

• Options
    I wouldn't worry. My bestie's daughter didn't have her 1st tooth until she was 1, & then she got a ton & caught up. It's no biggie, she just might lose them a little later when she gets older.
  • Options
    Hayden doesn't have any either! My ped said some don't get them till 16 months. I'm not worried. Enjoy the gummy smile!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Per my grandmother, my uncle didn't have any teeth until 13 months.  And his feet didn't grow either.  But once the first one came in, there was no stopping them.  She swears he got all his teeth in a month (but she's crazy and also sais she was going to make K's Xmas dress out of her patio furniture pillows).  And his feet grew too.  He was the only one of her children that got their first tooth after 7 months.

Teeth are so weird. 

• Options
    Alexa got her 1st tooth at 9 1/2 months, but two of her cousins are 13 and 14 months still without teeth.
    ~Kimberly & Eric~ April 21, 2008 ~Tensing Pen ~ Negril, Jamaica ~ My Blog: One Sunset at a Time
  • Options
    According to my mom, I didn't get any teeth in and my gums had to be lanced (I'm not sure if that's the correct term) in order for them to come through.  I would think it was an exaggeration, but considering that I had to get every one of my baby teeth pulled because they didn't fall out on their own, I tend to believe it.  I remember having to go to the dentist serveral times, getting 4 teeth pulled at a time.  My adult teeth were trying to come in and there was no room for all of the teeth at once.  It was a huge mess!  Additionally, I'm 34 and still haven't gotten my wisdom teeth in.  Apparently they're under there but just won't come through.
  • Options
    Briley is the same way- I can feel them under there, but they won't come out. I did read recently that there is a correlation between taking a long time to get a first tooth and needing braces in the future. I pretty much figured that B would probably need them anyway since DH and I both had them. At least we have a while before we have to worry about that. E will get some teeth soon!
  • Options
    My friend's daughter is 15 months (almost 16) right now and still has no teeth.
  • Options
    Don't worry. According to my mom both me and my sister were toothless and bold on our 1st birthday and Sam is 6 months tomorrow and doesn't have any teeth either.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"