North Carolina Babies
Options

Thanksgiving Poll

Because I am bored. Y'all are killing me. Stick out tongue

1. What are your plans for Thanksgiving?

2. What's on the menu?

3. What is your favorite Thanksgiving food?

4. What's your favorite Thanksgiving dessert?

5. What, if anything, do you watch on TV on Thanksgiving--Macy's parade, football, etc?

6. Do you call it stuffing or dressing? Is it cooked in the bird, or in a pan? Where are you from originally?

7. Will you go shopping on Black Friday?

8. What are your favorite Thanksgiving leftovers?

9. How soon after Thanksgiving will you start celebrating Christmas? 

10. What are you most thankful for this year?

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

Re: Thanksgiving Poll

• Options

1. What are your plans for Thanksgiving?  We cook at our house.  My brother, SIL and my dad come.

2. What's on the menu?  Turkey, homemade stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, brocoli and holandaise sauce, corn pudding, green bean casserole, pineapple casserole, mac&cheese, cornbread, rolls.  Dessert... pumpkin pie, pecan pie, apple dumplings, pumpkin crisp.

3. What is your favorite Thanksgiving food?  Stuffing cooked in the bird.

4. What's your favorite Thanksgiving dessert?  Pumpkin crisp, I love it all though.  I have a major sweet tooth!

5. What, if anything, do you watch on TV on Thanksgiving--Macy's parade, football, etc?  Prob some of everything.

6. Do you call it stuffing or dressing? Is it cooked in the bird, or in a pan? Where are you from originally?  Stuffing.  We cook whatever will fit in the bird, then the rest we put in a casserole dish.  I am from PA.

7. Will you go shopping on Black Friday?  I think I am just going to run to Kohls.

8. What are your favorite Thanksgiving leftovers?  Everything.

9. How soon after Thanksgiving will you start celebrating Christmas?   We get our tree Friday.  Dec 18 is our first Christmas dinner/celebration.

10. What are you most thankful for this year?  My family.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

1. What are your plans for Thanksgiving? having my parents, IL's, and brother & SIL over to my house.. everyone brings a couple of dishes to share.

2. What's on the menu? turkey, honey baked ham, dressing/gravy, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, mac & cheese, candied yams, deviled eggs, cornbread, rolls, and pecan pie, pumpkin pie, and Dewey's cake squares (a tradition in my family!) for dessert.. Needless to say, there'll be leftovers!

3. What is your favorite Thanksgiving food? probably turkey & dressing--it's my grandmother's recipe

4. What's your favorite Thanksgiving dessert? pumpkin pie w/ cool whip--not the stuff in the can, the stuff in the tub. :-)

5. What, if anything, do you watch on TV on Thanksgiving--Macy's parade, football, etc? I love the parade, but it always gets turned to football. The past few years, we've watched part of the National Dog Show too.

6. Do you call it stuffing or dressing? Is it cooked in the bird, or in a pan? Where are you from originally? dressing, cooked in a pan. I'd only call it stuffing if it's actually cooked in the bird, which is icky to me. I'm from NC originally.

7. Will you go shopping on Black Friday? probably at least a little, but we won't be getting up early or anything... I'm looking for luggage for my parents' Xmas gift, so that's what I'll mostly be looking for that day.

8. What are your favorite Thanksgiving leftovers? tukey sandwiches.. preferably on white bread with Duke's mayo. Mmm.

9. How soon after Thanksgiving will you start celebrating Christmas? I plan to put up our tree on Saturday, so at that point, I guess it's on!

10. What are you most thankful for this year? My little family and our health, etc. Also that even though I'm not very happy in it, I'm very thankful to have a stable full time job, as I didn't this time last year.

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Loading the player...
  • Options

1. What are your plans for Thanksgiving? Well my family celebrated it earlier this month so we could spend it with my sisters kids who go to their dads on the actual day. So this year it's just DH and DD.

2. What's on the menu? Turkey, potato bake, stuffing, cranberry sauce and pumpkin cheesecake, DH mentioned something about carrots, but who knows.

3. What is your favorite Thanksgiving food? Usually its pumpkin pie, but no so much the last few years, I'd say cranberry sauce and stuffing.

4. What's your favorite Thanksgiving dessert? Something pumpkin flavored.

5. What, if anything, do you watch on TV on Thanksgiving--Macy's parade, football, etc? The parade, I already have it DVR'd to record.

6. Do you call it stuffing or dressing? Is it cooked in the bird, or in a pan? Where are you from originally? Stuffing, but we don't cook it in the bird anymore for germ reasons. Family is from NJ.

7. Will you go shopping on Black Friday? No

8. What are your favorite Thanksgiving leftovers? Making turkey sandwiches with all the fixings.

9. How soon after Thanksgiving will you start celebrating Christmas?  We are putting our tree up this weekend!

10. What are you most thankful for this year? A lot of things, but mostly my DH and family and being pregnant!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

1. What are your plans for Thanksgiving? --- We are going to my brother/SIL's house for T'giving lunch, and going to my in-laws house for T'giving dinner.  Too.much.turkey. 

2. What's on the menu?  --- Probably the tradionals for both meals -- Turkey, stuffing, some sort of potatoes & gravy, rolls, a veg, and the pies. 

3. What is your favorite Thanksgiving food? --- Gravy poured over the stuffing & mashed taters.   

4. What's your favorite Thanksgiving dessert?  --- Pumpkin pie with Cool Whip.  Tradition baby! 

5. What, if anything, do you watch on TV on Thanksgiving--Macy's parade, football, etc?  -- Love the Macy's parade and watching a good movie/Christmas movie later in the day. 

6. Do you call it stuffing or dressing? Is it cooked in the bird, or in a pan? Where are you from originally? --- Stuffing, grew up with it in the bird but now its usually separate.  The South of course!!!  :) 

7. Will you go shopping on Black Friday? --- Maybe.  Not with the crazies at 3/4 a.m. though. 

8. What are your favorite Thanksgiving leftovers?  --- All of it!  Love my turkey sammy, stuffin, punkin pie. 

9. How soon after Thanksgiving will you start celebrating Christmas? --- Um, immediately I guess?  I'm ready for the Christmas music and need to get some shopping done!!  We will be ready to put up a tree & the outside lights soon too. 

10. What are you most thankful for this year?  ---- My sweet daughter, wonderful husband and all the blessings in our lives. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

1. What are your plans for Thanksgiving? We'll have dinner at my parents' house

2. What's on the menu? Turkey, stuffing, dressing, mashed potatoes, green beans, rolls, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie and probably pecan pie

3. What is your favorite Thanksgiving food? My mom's dressing

4. What's your favorite Thanksgiving dessert? I like pumpkin and pecan pie equally

5. What, if anything, do you watch on TV on Thanksgiving--Macy's parade, football, etc? My dad watches football, but I don't watch anything specific.

6. Do you call it stuffing or dressing? Is it cooked in the bird, or in a pan? Where are you from originally? We use both terms - dressing is cooked in a pan, stuffing is cooked in the bird.  I'm from NC.

7. Will you go shopping on Black Friday? Maybe, IDK.  I won't be getting up early to go though.

8. What are your favorite Thanksgiving leftovers? My mom's dressing.  I'm very loyal to it.

9. How soon after Thanksgiving will you start celebrating Christmas? We'll probably start listening to Christmas music that day or the next.  We won't be decorating until we're in the new house though.

10. What are you most thankful for this year? A lot of things.  I'm always thankful for my family, especially Nate.  I'm also very thankful that our house has sold and we found a new house that we love.

• Options

1. What are your plans for Thanksgiving? Hosting for 2 great friends who also don't have family here.

2. What's on the menu? Turkey, stuffing (both in the bird and on the side) mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, gravy, cranberry jelly, rolls, green bean casserole and DH is smoking a ham or brisket this year. For dessert, pumpkin cake chews.

3. What is your favorite Thanksgiving food? I love it all, but call me crazy it's just not Thanksgiving without my cranberry jelly. I eat heaps of it with my turkey! (And well, with everything!)

4. What's your favorite Thanksgiving dessert? Pumpkin Pie with cool whip.

5. What, if anything, do you watch on TV on Thanksgiving--Macy's parade, football, etc? We watch it all!

6. Do you call it stuffing or dressing? Is it cooked in the bird, or in a pan? Where are you from originally? Stuffing. Cooked in the bird and what's left in a separate dish. The stuffing in the bird is my FAVORITE.

7. Will you go shopping on Black Friday? Does Amazon count?

8. What are your favorite Thanksgiving leftovers? My ultimate turkey sandwich--with cranberry jelly of course!

9. How soon after Thanksgiving will you start celebrating Christmas? Decorations are coming out Friday! WHOOHOO!

10. What are you most thankful for this year? My family, getting pregnant with another girl, and that one of my best friends finally became a mother after so many struggles, and lastly her three beautiful miracles that are doing so well. Thank GOD!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers /">< imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

1. What are your plans for Thanksgiving?  We are going to my brothers house in Richmond with my mom and dad, and some of my SIL's family.

2. What's on the menu? Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, peas, butternut squash puree, macaroni and cheese, rolls, cranberry, apple, pecan and pumpkin pies.  Too much

3. What is your favorite Thanksgiving food?  All of it.  I love hot turkey with gravy and some macaroni and cheese

4. What's your favorite Thanksgiving dessert? pumpkin pie

5. What, if anything, do you watch on TV on Thanksgiving--Macy's parade, football, etc?  The TV is not allowed to leave football stations apparently.

6. Do you call it stuffing or dressing? Is it cooked in the bird, or in a pan? Where are you from originally?  Stuffing in a casserole pan, I am from Delaware

7. Will you go shopping on Black Friday?  Heck NO!

8. What are your favorite Thanksgiving leftovers?  Turkey sandwiches

9. How soon after Thanksgiving will you start celebrating Christmas?  I will allow Christmas music the next day, but we don't get our tree or do decorations until the 2nd weekend in December typically.

10. What are you most thankful for this year?  My husband and Owen.  I am so thankful to call them my family and have them in my life.

• Options
    1. What are your plans for Thanksgiving? Dinner at home w/ FIL and BIL (they came up to visit), DH and DS.  

2. What's on the menu? Turkey breast, maybe black beans and rice, mashed potatoes, corn, and dessert.

3. What is your favorite Thanksgiving food? probably ham and mashed potatoes.

4. What's your favorite Thanksgiving dessert? I don't like sweet potato or pumpkin pie.  I like cookies and brownies any day of the year ;)

5. What, if anything, do you watch on TV on Thanksgiving--Macy's parade, football, etc? football

6. Do you call it stuffing or dressing? Is it cooked in the bird, or in a pan? Where are you from originally? I thought only people on TV made stuffing. LOL Back home we have a hispanic Thanksgiving so no dressing.

7. Will you go shopping on Black Friday? just a little

8. What are your favorite Thanksgiving leftovers? we don't like left overs but I guess it would be turkey.

9. How soon after Thanksgiving will you start celebrating Christmas? this year we will start the day after.

10. What are you most thankful for this year? I'm thankful our jobs, a healthy and smart little boy and my hubby.  DH is a great father and husband I could not ask for anyone better.

• Options

1. What are your plans for Thanksgiving? Lunch with DH's family; dessert with my family later in the day

2. What's on the menu? Turkey, dressing, sweet potato casserole, yeast rolls, cranberry sauce, pecan pie... not sure what else.

3. What is your favorite Thanksgiving food? sweet potatoes

4. What's your favorite Thanksgiving dessert? probably sweet potato pie (if someone makes it), not a big fan of pecan pie

5. What, if anything, do you watch on TV on Thanksgiving--Macy's parade, football, etc? usually have football on

6. Do you call it stuffing or dressing? Is it cooked in the bird, or in a pan? Where are you from originally? I've lived in NC most of my life, but was born in GA

7. Will you go shopping on Black Friday? no, I'll be at work :(

8. What are your favorite Thanksgiving leftovers? turkey sandwiches on sourdough bread with cranberry sauce

9. How soon after Thanksgiving will you start celebrating Christmas? right away!

10. What are you most thankful for this year? Having a healthy pregnancy and a happy family.

imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

1. What are your plans for Thanksgiving? it's still up in the air...my family as well as DH's family have both decided to procrastinate or do something different and DH is having a hard time with change

2. What's on the menu? good question...I don't know.

3. What is your favorite Thanksgiving food? I love FRIED turkey and cranberry sauce (my granny's mashed potatoes are really my fave, but we have those at EVERY get-together, not just Thanksgiving)

4. What's your favorite Thanksgiving dessert? pumpkin pie

5. What, if anything, do you watch on TV on Thanksgiving--Macy's parade, football, etc? Macy's parade

6. Do you call it stuffing or dressing? Is it cooked in the bird, or in a pan? Where are you from originally? dressing, and it's in the pan. I'm born and bred in Raleigh, NC area.

7. Will you go shopping on Black Friday? you couldn't PAY me to go out in that madness

8. What are your favorite Thanksgiving leftovers? cranberry sauce, dressing and dessert

9. How soon after Thanksgiving will you start celebrating Christmas? shoot, I'm planning on starting decorating tomorrow. I'm already listening to Mix 101.5's Christmas tunes.

10. What are you most thankful for this year? Wesley - he's going to be celebrating his 1st birthday next week, and has been relatively healthy thusfar. I can't even remember what it was like before he was born.

• Options
    1. What are your plans for Thanksgiving?  Just us three at home2. What's on the menu? crock pot turkey, gravy, stuffing, green bean casserole, candied yams and cranberry sauce.3. What is your favorite Thanksgiving food? all of it!!4. What's your favorite Thanksgiving dessert? pumpkie pie with cool whip5. What, if anything, do you watch on TV on Thanksgiving--Macy's parade, football, etc? none of it really.  might catch a few minutes.6. Do you call it stuffing or dressing? Is it cooked in the bird, or in a pan? Where are you from originally? stuffing.  my mom did some in the bird and some out.  Since I'm cooking a bone-in turkey breast in the crock pot this year, I'm cooking the stuffing on the stove, transferring to pan and cooking in the oven so the top is crispy...yum!  I'm from Long Island.7. Will you go shopping on Black Friday? hell no.8. What are your favorite Thanksgiving leftovers? open faced turkey sandwiches.  (turkey, stuffing, gravy and cranberry sauce on a piece of white bread)9. How soon after Thanksgiving will you start celebrating Christmas? Ummm..I already decorated my mantel and we plan on getting a tree in a few weeks.10. What are you most thankful for this year? my healthy baby boy.

0Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

1. What are your plans for Thanksgiving? DH is working & I'm spending the day watching the parade & dog show & Christmas movies. In that order. & then we'll eat when he gets home

2. What's on the menu? DH talked me into ordering TG dinner from the grocery. It's lot cheaper than making it ourselves and there are only three of us, so it just makes more sense. The dinner comes with Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry relish, & apple pie. I'm still making some appetizers and sweet potato casserole though.

3. What is your favorite Thanksgiving food? All of it. Seriously, I can't pick, but I'm going to miss my grandmothers homemade dumplings this year.

4. What's your favorite Thanksgiving dessert? Chocolate pecan pie

5. What, if anything, do you watch on TV on Thanksgiving--Macy's parade, football, etc? See #1

6. Do you call it stuffing or dressing? Is it cooked in the bird, or in a pan? Where are you from originally? Stuffing, but we cook it in a pan instead of in the bird. I'm from NC.

7. Will you go shopping on Black Friday? Absolutely not

8. What are your favorite Thanksgiving leftovers? See #3

9. How soon after Thanksgiving will you start celebrating Christmas? That day. I'm making all our decorations this year, so I'll be decking the halls all day on TG.

10. What are you most thankful for this year? DH's new job. It's such a good opportunity for us & while I miss our family I'm also thankful that I really like our new home and haven't been too homesick.

• Options

1. What are your plans for Thanksgiving? We will have lunch at the IL's with MIL's extended family of over 30 people around 230 and then dinner at my parents, with them my siblings their spouses and our close family friends around 5.

2. What's on the menu? Most of the usual stuff, turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, green been casserole, stuffing, cranberries (canned at my 'rents and homemade at my 'ILs), vegetables, rolls, etc.

3. What is your favorite Thanksgiving food? I love all the yummy food esp. the white meat turkey with gravy and I Love the canned cranberry and cant forget my mom's homemade mashed potatoes!

4. What's your favorite Thanksgiving dessert? pumpkin pie and apple pie

5. What, if anything, do you watch on TV on Thanksgiving--Macy's parade, football, etc? In the morning we will watch the parade at home just the 3 of us and i'm sure at my IL's everyone will be just hanging out and talking (maybe football in the background) and same thing at my parents

6. Do you call it stuffing or dressing? Is it cooked in the bird, or in a pan? Where are you from originally? We call it stuffing and its cooked in a pan. im from Florda originally!

7. Will you go shopping on Black Friday? still debating...prolly depends on if my sister or SIL wanna go!

8. What are your favorite Thanksgiving leftovers? anything!! we dont usually get leftovers since we dont eat at home~

9. How soon after Thanksgiving will you start celebrating Christmas?  We will prolly get the stuff out of the attic on saturday because we also need to be DS's baby stuff in the attic that we had stored under his crib till he moved into his big boy bed. We will gradually decorate!

10. What are you most thankful for this year? My family!

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

1. What are your plans for Thanksgiving?  going to DH's boss' house.

2. What's on the menu?  Not sure since we're not cooking but I am bringing green bean casserole, pumpkin pie and wine/beer

3. What is your favorite Thanksgiving food?  green bean casserole

4. What's your favorite Thanksgiving dessert?  pumpkin pie

5. What, if anything, do you watch on TV on Thanksgiving--Macy's parade, football, etc?  Macy's parade and football

6. Do you call it stuffing or dressing? Is it cooked in the bird, or in a pan? Where are you from originally?  Stuffing.  In a pan.  From WI

7. Will you go shopping on Black Friday?  Considering it (first time)

8. What are your favorite Thanksgiving leftovers?  all of it!

9. How soon after Thanksgiving will you start celebrating Christmas? The next day

10. What are you most thankful for this year?  My two beautiful girls and husband, and not being pg this year.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"