Military Families

Anyone know where to find OFFICIAL Dwell Time info?

My husband is currently on dwell time as he just got home in May.  As far as we know, his dwell time is 12 months and he will be eligible for deployment this coming May.  Someone in his unit said that dwell time has been increased to 15 months though.  However, no one in the unit can seem to find the REAL answer.  Does anyone have a link to something official saying the current dwell time?  I've looked everywhere and can't find anything at all.  It doesn't really matter whether it's 12 or 15, but it would be nice if everyone was on the same page.  TIA.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker Graphics

Re: Anyone know where to find OFFICIAL Dwell Time info?

• Official info might be available on www.armyg1.army.mil but I would be surprised if there was a current policy in writing. It was reported last year that by FY11 (which we are currently in) dwell time would be 30 months. 30 months, right. Keep in mind that Soldiers can waive their dwell time, or be *strongly encouraged* to waive their dwell time. My husband's is currently as short as five months, no longer than 10. 
  • To my knowledge dwell time for the individual soldier is still 12 months. It is the actual units that are being allowed to stay home longer. 

I have been researching this as well since we will be PCSing after this deployment to a unit that came home before my DH's unit.

https://www.armyg1.army.mil/militarypersonnel/Hyperlinks/Adobe Files/ALARACT 253 2007.pdf

I hope that helps. :) 

• Loading the player...
  • imageMlatch:

To my knowledge dwell time for the individual soldier is still 12 months. It is the actual units that are being allowed to stay home longer. 

This sounds like maybe what's going on here.  Maybe my husband's dwell time is still on 12 months but the person who told him 15 was thinking of a unit's dwell time.  Hmm..

• If my husband waived his dwell time, he would be deploying 2 weeks before baby is due so he said "No way in He!!".  Thankfully he is not being pressured to waive it by anyone.
  • I work for Army G-1. There really isn't an "official" policy. Currently most units are getting at least 12 months dwell time and the goal is 1:2 (twice as much time at home as deployed.) The long-term goal is 1:3 for active duty and 1:5 for Reserves.
  • Dwell time my ass! DH had about 9 months of dwell time between Afghanistan #1 and training for Iraq #2. I believe it only applies if you stay in the same unit. They aren't supposed to deploy the same Bn or Bde <12 months apart. But since many switch units after deployment, it's nearly irrelevant. Hope you can find an official answer!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image
    221_-6_Little Charlotte is.png" alt="baby" border="0" />
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"