North Carolina Babies

Prayers for my family

My youngest brother and my family could really use any thoughts and prayers you have!  This summer Alex was diagnosed with Wilson's Disease, which is an extremely rare condition where his body cannot process copper, thus 22 years copper has been building in his brain, organs and tissues causing toxic levels.  He has been under-going the chelation process, but things have recently taken a turn for the worse.  The copper has caused severe brain damage to the point where he can no longer move, eat, or talk and is completely dependent on my parents for 24/7 care.

Last week he had a feeding tube placed and my mom was finally able to get him an appointment at the Wilson Disease Center of Excellence in Ann Arbor, Michigan on Dec. 3.  Unfortunately we are extremely worried about what could happen between now and Dec. 3, so they are leaving tonight to drive him to the Emergency Department at the Univ. of Michgian hospital and hopefully this world reknowned doctor can help.  Right now we just hope some of the brain damage is reversible that he can have a semi-normal quality of life.

Thanks so much!

Re: Prayers for my family

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"