North Carolina Babies
Options

Anyone else annoyed with relatives planning TG dinner in the middle of naptime?

Arrrgh!  I hate when people forget how hard it is to travel with toddlers.  My in-laws are having TG dinner at 3 pm (45 min drive to get there).  Which is right smack in the middle of my son's naptime.  Of course, they said to come early and put him down at their house.  Yeah right, as if my son could possibly sleep in a new place when everybody else is having fun downstairs!

I'm going to have a crazy overtired toddler and everyone is going to give me looks because my son's having a screaming fit.  And DH is not concerned at all!

Re: Anyone else annoyed with relatives planning TG dinner in the middle of naptime?

• Options
    will he sleep the 45 minutes in the car?  maybe time the drive for nap.
  • Options

Its just one of those days where he may not get a nap or may just get part of one. With everything going on you prob wont have a cranky toddler esp if there are other kids. Somehow they just run on eachothers energy.

I try to lay AT down 30 min early and if I have to get him up I do. I then pack a snack and juice in the car. & by the time we get there hes settled in and prob not as cranky. Again its just one day and look at this way he'll go to bed earlier that night. Have a good holiday!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I know it's frustrating, but I long ago realized that you can't expect for everyone else to plan around your schedule, whether kids are involved or not. Your world revolves around his schedule, but not everyone else's does. I hope that doesn't sound rude, but that's just how it is.

I would just attempt to put him down for a nap around noon (maybe wake him up earlier tomorrow so he'll be tired sooner), and if he doesn't sleep, hope he sleeps on the way there. If he doesn't, chances are he'll be so wound up having fun with relatives, that he'll be fine, and will just crash on the way home. If he does start melting down, I'd put him down for a nap there. If he's tired enough, he'll go to sleep. If all else fails, let your MIL deal with him. hehe.

Try not to stress, and just enjoy your day! He is probably more flexible than you think.

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Options
    Sorry, that stinks!  Liam is super particular about his naps too, and is a bear without one.  Hope he is able to sleep some in the car for you!
    Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"