Indiana Babies

Christmas tree ugh

So, Jason won't let us put up our artificial tree because of the lead. I really wanted to get all of our decorations up tonight/tomorrow, but that's not going to happen. I don't really want a real tree because it doesn't stay up as long, but that looks like what we will do. Also, I don't know where we are going to put it this year. It used to go next to our TV, but Jason bought humungo speakers over the summer so that takes up the space. I like having the tree in the living room so we can watch Christmas movies with just the tree lit up. Boo. So all in all, I have no clue what we are doing with the tree this year. I'm sad.

Re: Christmas tree ugh

• Because of you possibly being prego or something else?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm up for rearranging a room if it's necessary to fit the Christmas tree.  Can you remove an end table or a chair somewhere to make it fit?

Real trees can be lovely and they will last as long as you water it regularly.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • No, not because of TTC.  Jason read articles about the lead dust particles getting in the air, and he doesn't want Claire getting sick.  Makes sense, but really?  lol  Small chance of that I'm sure.  I talked to him today, and he said he can put our old speakers back to make room for the tree.  I think we might do a real tree this year and buy a lead free USA one for next year.   
  • Why arent you having the fake tree???   I want a real one but kinda wonder if it will be more trouble than what its worth...may wait till next year and just have to live with our 5ft bare looking fake tree!!!  I think we may have to use the pack and play as a gate in front of it.
  • imageuofihoard:
    Why arent you having the fake tree???   I want a real one but kinda wonder if it will be more trouble than what its worth...may wait till next year and just have to live with our 5ft bare looking fake tree!!!  I think we may have to use the pack and play as a gate in front of it.

Last week someone posted about lead in the paint of the fake trees (Lauren maybe?), so now Jason's all paranoid.  He did more research, and apparently the lead peaks when the tree is around 9 years old, and ours is 7.  Soo, he's being Mr. Cautious. 

• imageMommaMcG:
    No, not because of TTC.  Jason read articles about the lead dust particles getting in the air, and he doesn't want Claire getting sick.  Makes sense, but really?  lol  Small chance of that I'm sure.  I talked to him today, and he said he can put our old speakers back to make room for the tree.  I think we might do a real tree this year and buy a lead free USA one for next year.   

Yeah.  The year I was pregnant w/ Mads Joe wouldn't let me touch the tree. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I say, since he's making all the decisions regarding the tree, that you're off the hook this year.  Let him do it all!!!

Devil 

• imageMommaMcG:

imageuofihoard:
    Why arent you having the fake tree???   I want a real one but kinda wonder if it will be more trouble than what its worth...may wait till next year and just have to live with our 5ft bare looking fake tree!!!  I think we may have to use the pack and play as a gate in front of it.

Last week someone posted about lead in the paint of the fake trees (Lauren maybe?), so now Jason's all paranoid.  He did more research, and apparently the lead peaks when the tree is around 9 years old, and ours is 7.  Soo, he's being Mr. Cautious. 

I was the one who posted about the lead in trees last week.  I caved and opened our new artificial tree.  I have it outside to air out because it reeked of plastic (yikes).  I tried to do some research on lead-free trees, I couldn't come up with anything.  I figure there are probably many more things that could cause harm in our house as well.  :(

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagedc120807:
    imageMommaMcG:

imageuofihoard:

I was the one who posted about the lead in trees last week.  I caved and opened our new artificial tree.  I have it outside to air out because it reeked of plastic (yikes).  I tried to do some research on lead-free trees, I couldn't come up with anything.  I figure there are probably many more things that could cause harm in our house as well.  :(

Yeah, it sucks.  I found a site that makes lead free trees here in the US, so we might look into that. https://www.uschristmastree.com/
  • I also know real trees make some people sick.  Food for thought.  It's not lead but still.

Ours will be in the den, gated off, so he won't be jiggling around the branches or anything. 

• We get a fake tree every year and I love having one that's fake. We have a family tradition with DH's side where we all go to the farm and cut down a tree. It's pretty low maintenance other than a few of the needles dropping every now and then, and watering it when necessary. It smells awesome and doesn't look fake, lol.

• imageIU_baby:

I'm up for rearranging a room if it's necessary to fit the Christmas tree.  Can you remove an end table or a chair somewhere to make it fit?

Real trees can be lovely and they will last as long as you water it regularly.

Definitely this.

We get real trees every year and have never had a problem with them lasting. (even with the cats drinking water out of the bottom..lol)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"