North Dakota Babies
Options

Crying at nap time

If i don't nurse C to sleep for his naps, he usually will scream and cry when I try to put him down. Very rarely will he fuss a little and then fall asleep. I'm so confused as to what to do though. If your LO does this, how do you handle it? I'm not for letting him cry, but if I go in it just makes things worse when I try to walk out.

What works for you? How do you help them fall asleep more easily? I'm probably going back to work in a couple weeks part time and know that C is really going to need to be able to fall asleep more easily for naps if my friend is watching him.

Re: Crying at nap time

• Options
    I just recently got Miss K to go down for naps without fussing.   I nap her on a schedule.  She wakes up at 7am and goes down by 8:40.  I know that is ridiculous.  But if I wait until 8:45 she screams and I have to nurse her to sleep.  I think there is a window of the perfect tiredness that gets her to put herself to sleep without fussing or crying. 
  • Options
    C is on a pretty good schedule that he put himself on. He is usually up by 7:30, back down for a nap between 9 and 10, sleeps for 30 (but lately its been getting closer to an hour as he can fall back to sleep on his own), back down around 12 or 1 for 30 minutes, then back down around 3 or 4. I've tried putting him down earlier but if he isn't tired enough he screams, if he is too tired, he screams... if I nurse him, he is out and I can put him down. Its so hard to know EXACTLY when is the right time.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know!!  I hated when the docs would say, "if you have seen sleepy signs, you have waited too long."  Ummm, if they aren't tired they aren't going to sleep either.  It is frustrating.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"