Baby Names
Options

I think we have our names, what do you think?

we have been really trying to figure out what our names might be and i think we have agreed on some. now keep in mind that we were wanting to keep David because that is the DH name and we were trying to use Leigh after the DH mother and then my middle name is Rose so i wanted the first girl to be Rose as her middle name. We have it together where we like the names a lot and i just wanted to see what you all thought of them. thank you in advance.

Boy:  Rylan David  (DH name is David Ryan)

Girls:  Maeleigh Rose  (you would say it like May-Lee)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: I think we have our names, what do you think?

• Options
    The boy name is NMS. The girl name is okay. May I offer another suggestion for your girl name?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

For the boy name is it pronounced Rye or Ray?

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imagesleepingbeauty825:
    The boy name is NMS. The girl name is okay. May I offer another suggestion for your girl name?

yes

• Options
    imageLovesMM:

For the boy name is it pronounced Rye or Ray?

Rye-Lan

• Options

What is up with the baby names today?

Rylan David is eh.

Maeleigh is soooo awful.

What about Rosalie? I think it accomplishes the Rose and Leigh part well.

• Options
    imageFemmeFataleNat01:

Rylan David is eh.

Maeleigh is soooo awful.

I agree with this. Although someone might think Twilight with Rosalie?

• Options
    imagerjamanda:

imagesleepingbeauty825:

yes

What about Rosalie or Rosaleigh Mae?
  • Options
    imageFemmeFataleNat01:

Rylan David is eh.

Maeleigh is soooo awful.

Man, where are your manners? LOL
  • Options

Not a fan of Rylan, what about Brian David?  Just as nice and classic as Ryan with the same sort of feel, but a different name.

I love pp's suggestion of Rosalie.  

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageWoodsie:

I like Rylan David.

I don't like Maeleigh, but like Ashleigh. Maybe Ashleigh Mae?

I feel like if you are going to have an uncommon sounding name (May-Lee), you should have an easy spelling and drop the -leigh. If you like the sound of May-Lee, maybe spell it Maylie or Maelie.

we were going to do that, change the end of maeleigh to maelie but DH really wanted to put his moms middle name in it and i didnt like it with any other name.

the thing about Ashleigh, i know someone with that name and spelt that same and she is an awful person.

• Options
    imagesleepingbeauty825:
    imageFemmeFataleNat01:

Rylan David is eh.

Maeleigh is soooo awful.

Man, where are your manners? LOL

They don't exist today! LOL.

• Options
    imageLovesMM:
    imageFemmeFataleNat01:

Rylan David is eh.

Maeleigh is soooo awful.

I agree with this. Although someone might think Twilight with Rosalie?

OMG what names are not in Twilight???? I've never read the book or seen the movie (and I have no interest in doing so) but it seems like so many posts here get the "Twilight" character reference.

• Options

I am honestly not a fan of either name, if you really want opinions. I know people naming their baby girls Rylan, and I think it's a bad name for either sex. Ryan is awesome though.

Maeleigh is bad too- it looks and sounds made up. Leigh is great on it's own, or Rosalie. Ashleigh Rose is beautiful, but not Maeliegh. 

Do the resume/office phone test- pretend they you see that name on a resume, what would your first impressions be? Imagine them all grown up and introducing themselves to the CEO of  company, or answering the phone, etc.  You have a lot of time to think about names!

image   image

• Options
    imageFemmeFataleNat01:

Rylan David is eh.

Maeleigh is soooo awful.

I feel this exact way. My manners must be in the same place as yours.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (JBoF)
  • Options
    I like David and Rose, but that's it. The other names are terrible IMO.
  • Options

dislike.

david and rose aren't bad.

• Options

David and Rose are the only good things you have going here.  I agree with pp that "Maeleigh" looks like you just smashed the keyboard.  Rylan also looks like a typo.  Bryan would be much better.  If DH insists that "leigh" be incorporated rather than the much-easier-to-use "lie" (LOVE Rosalie!), what about LeighAnn?  I have to say that when I saw Maeleigh I thought of the "sleigh" pronunciation for "leigh" so it looked like it would be pronounced like melee.

• Options

I feel the same way as the others but if you and your SO love the names... go for it.  You guys have a lot of time to think about it.  

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I love the name Rose... Maeleigh is an abomination. I second the suggestion of Rosalie. And spell it that way. Don't worry too much about Twilight...it'll go away eventually anyway.
  • Options
    I am not crazy about either. :/

What about just going with Ryan David?

As for your girl name- would you consider making Maeleigh two separate names: Mae Leigh Rose?

Also, I just wanted to suggest Annaleigh Rose. I think this flows better and people won't look at it so funny.

He's my fairytale, a dream when I'm not sleeping.

<a href="http://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk121/behapybride/?action=view
  • Options
    I knew a Mali in high school (pronounced May-Lee.) I really like the name and I can live with that spelling
  • Options

I really really really really dislike Rylan - where did this name come from all of the sudden? It sounds feminine to me and reminds me of that trailer home company.

Maeleigh is not my style and kinda trendeigh, but I don't mind it as much as Rylan.

Love David and Rose. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I know a little boy named Rylan (spells it Rylen.) I had never heard it before and while I don't care for it too much I don't think it's bad and it "fits" him, if that makes sense.

I strongly dislike Maeleigh. I knew a guy in HS named Mayley- it was his last name but that's what people called him. I just can't get that out of my head.

• Options
    I love your girl's name but I am not keen on your boy's name.
  • Options
    imagerjamanda:

we have been really trying to figure out what our names might be and i think we have agreed on some. now keep in mind that we were wanting to keep David because that is the DH name and we were trying to use Leigh after the DH mother and then my middle name is Rose so i wanted the first girl to be Rose as her middle name. We have it together where we like the names a lot and i just wanted to see what you all thought of them. thank you in advance.

Boy:  Rylan David  (DH name is David Ryan)

Girls:  Maeleigh Rose  (you would say it like May-Lee)

My nephew is Rylan David so I can`t help but love the name Embarrassed

Maeliegh Rose is pretty.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Maeleigh has WAY too many vowels, I don't like the ae together. Looks misspelled and made up. I like PP suggestion of Annaleigh a lot better.

Could do Hayleigh/Haleigh, although not sure that is actually better or not?!?!

~Lisa~
    Mommy to Rachel 1.15.06 and Ashley 5.17.11
    Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    I don't like either of them, sorry.  Rylan seems trendy and feminine, and Maeleigh will always misspelled and mispronounced and seems madeup.  Also cutesy. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagequeenbone:

Not a fan of Rylan, what about Brian David?  Just as nice and classic as Ryan with the same sort of feel, but a different name.

I love pp's suggestion of Rosalie.  

Agree!!!

image Uploaded with ImageShack.us Daisypath Anniversary tickers image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"