Indiana Babies

Good/Bad news

I haven't decided if it's good or bad news yet, but my OB put me off of work as of now.  My blood pressure skyrockets when I'm at work and there are just too many variables that she (and DH and I) isn't comfortable with.  I've filed my claim with my long term disablity insurance but I won't know anything until middle of next week.  I feel a sense of relief about not having to go back to work, unfortunatly I am feeling a little worried about finances now.

The definate good news was that the baby is well.  Heartbeat was strong and the little bugger kept moving around.  Seems I have a very active baby in there.  My OB was shocked I hadn't felt any movements yet, but confident that I will soon.

Re: Good/Bad news

• umm..yeah not sure what I would do in that situation.  All I would have is short term disability and FMLA and that is what I used last time for maternity leave.  Not sure what I would do if I had to leave so early before having the baby.
  • Good luck with your LTD claim.  Glad to hear that the baby is doing well.  :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • The good news is that you have a proactive OB and a baby who is thriving. 

In light of the alternative, the not so good news isn't really all that bad, right?  You will make it.  Your job will still be there when you're ready to go back to it, and you have a strong case for LTD. 

HUGS!  Breathe, take each step as it comes, and plan to have a low-key low spending Christmas hanging out and enjoying your inside baby. 

If you have bills coming up, be proactive and contact them first and explain.  Call your student loans TODAY if you have those and get a deferment.  All they will need is the letter from your doc.  As long as you plan for it, you will get through it. 

If the LTD comes through, then that's just a bonus. 

I'm currently following a blog of a 1 pounder who arrived way too early.  All your news is good news.  I promise.  

• So glad to hear baby is healthy and strong! That's fantastic!

Hang in there with the LTD stuff - I know it can be complicated but it'll get worked out. Try to enjoy your time away from work while you can!

Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • sounds like good news to me!  hang in there.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP #2 11/4/12 EDD 7/20/12 missed M/C 12/13/12 @8w5d D&C 12/21/12
    DX 2/7/13 with an alloimmunity + for anti-paternal antibodies started Lovenox daily & BA
    BFP 2/16/13 EDD 10/28/13

• I'm glad your OB is being proactive as welll! 

I hope that staying out of work helps the situation and that you are able to deliver a healthy, term baby!

I didn't feel any movement until 21.5 weeks, no worries!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"