Baby Showers
Options

Baby Product Inventions Game/Icebreaker?

I am totally new at this, I am in charge of games for a baby shower coming up this weekend. 

I have one game that I am not sure if this works better as an icebreaker or an actual game. I keep going back and forth on this. 

Basically, the group of guests is rather large and I originally planned to split the tables into groups and have them create a baby product that they think is either creative, most useful, etc... Then the mom to be would be presented with each tables ideas and choose the product that she thought was best/most creative/most useful. 

What types of gifts would be best for a winning group when the number of people at the table may vary?

This made me think of whether this game should be made into an ice breaker since the majority of the guests do not know each other and this would help get people chatting. 

Any thoughts? or ideas? Has anyone done anything similar before? 

Re: Baby Product Inventions Game/Icebreaker?

• Options

I don't know that I would worry about doing icebreakers.  For wedding showers, I'm more on board because all the people will most likely see each other again - at the wedding. 

But w/ a baby shower... honestly, I"m there to see the  mom to be and the other people I know.  I'm not really all that into meeting other people, most of which I'll probably never see again.

I'd find an icebreaker to be a bit of a waste of time.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Options

I know that at my baby shower this weekend, the plan is for there to be a "Price is Right" baby item-themed game. That might work for a larger group of people--rest of the guests can help out the "contestant row" just like on the show.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'd be really annoyed if I got wrangled into an episode of The Apprentice at a baby shower.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone, I really appreciate the advice!!
  • Options
    I'd probably do that game as a game..not an icebreaker.  As for game prizes, when I know there is a chance of more than one winner I get scratch lottery tickets.  There was a pp several months ago that got me "hooked" on those.  The guests love them!
  • Options
    I hate all party games and I'd be annoyed to get stuck in one.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"