Indiana Babies

Christmas card + ornament--good idea!

I don't think I've seen this idea before...Christmas cards that double as an ornament.  I like it!

https://www.inbloomphoto.com/bloomblog/?p=2633

Re: Christmas card + ornament--good idea!

• Yeah, a lot of photographers are doing them now. To get those specific ones you have to go through Miller's Lab and to get an "account" with them you have to have a business. (Also they're super expensive, like $2.00 a piece? or maybe a little under that).

But I feel like you could make them yourselves easily, if you had a cutter. I gave out ornaments last year with Rowan's footprint on them and it said "Merry Christmas 2009" I figured my extended family and friends don't want an ornament of my kid every year though ;)

• If I had some kind of automatic cutter--a silhouette machine or something--I'd totally go the DIY route because that is such a cute idea!  My peeps are getting Shutterfly cards this year anyway =)
  • Loading the player...
  • imageshauna060708:
    If I had some kind of automatic cutter--a silhouette machine or something--I'd totally go the DIY route because that is such a cute idea!  My peeps are getting Shutterfly cards this year anyway =)

Yeah, or even if you just had one of those circular cutters from Michael's. I bought a cheap one last year to make my ornaments and then had them laminated at Staples. You could just print out cheap prints if you wanted it to be a photo and them out that way.

So many Christmas crafts, so little time! :) 

• Tinyprints is doing these this year!

Not as cute, but certainly easy. :-)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I actually think tinyprints is doing something like that as well!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageBrendaK:

Tinyprints is doing these this year!

Not as cute, but certainly easy. :-)

LOVE the Tinyprints ones!! Still a bit expensive but I was bumming because I wanted to make the Miller's ones for my parents but they make you order at least 25. Now hopefully I can get 2 of these Tinyprints ones. Thanks for the link!! 

• I think it's a cute idea, but I don't know how they would last over time.  I like to hang on to my ornaments.   
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageIU_baby:
    I think it's a cute idea, but I don't know how they would last over time.  I like to hang on to my ornaments.   

This is what I'm thinking, too. I can't see anyone besides my parents or in-laws wanting to hang pictures of other people's families on their own Christmas trees!

• ugh 10 card order minimum. lame! 
  • I think they're adorable! Ditto about how long they last, but given that they're $2 and under I don't think they're intended to last long.

But still, I like them! I didn't know they were popular, but I'm also out of the loop on most cool things.

Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I saw someone do these on the photog board. Really cute. I wish I could make one but I'm not sure how to do it without it being flimsy/cheesy.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"