LGBT Parenting
Options

missing shots appointment

I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later, but I am missing the babies' Dr appointment right now. They're going to get shots today and it is tearing me up to know I won't be there for them. I feel sick to my stomach and on the verge of tears.

I know it was probably the right thing to do to stay at work this afternoon (I have precious little leave and really need to save it for if the babies get sick and can't go to daycare), but right in a practical sense is not the same thing as right in my heart.

Crying

married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure

Re: missing shots appointment

• Options
    Awww...you are making me all weepy. I know it sux but sometimes practicality just wins out. Hopefully the shots won't be too traumatic and will only last a second. It is good that you will be able to be there for them when they are really sick and feeling poopy and need comforting all day long...
  • Options
    That sucks! The only thing I like about my second shift job is that I do not go in until 2 PM so I get to go to all of the appointments. I understand about the leave. I have NONE left until the end of the year (maternity leave ate what little i had left) and DW only has 1 day left. We are saving it for a babysitter emergency day.
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Missing that stuff sucks. I hope it was easy for them (and S) and you got to give everyone extra cuddles when you got home.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"