South Florida Babies
Options

breaking the news to my work

hi guys,

I need some help, i need to tell my job next week and I don't know what I should say, my supervisor is a man so I'm already a little uncomfortable in saying the news to him. He is very nice, a grandfather very nice. I started working here 11/01, any help would be appreciated.

TIA :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: breaking the news to my work

• Options
    Sounds like you have an easy to talk to boss! i would simply just tell him that you recently found out you are expecting. If there are any work restrictions that need to be set then mention them but otherwise it shouldn't be too bad. ;) Good luck and congrats again!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options

I agree with PP.  Just go talk with your boss and mention to him that you want to share some wonderful news with him and just say it.  That is how I did it with both of my male bosses, and both of them were more than happy to hear my good news.  They have not changed how they act towards me and they have been very understanding with all the doctor appointments.  Once my whole office found out, it made things even better.  They have all been great with me.

Just come out and say it.  The more you think about it, the more you'll work yourself up for what is probably nothing.

Good Luck!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Honestly, I would be careful and while you do need to tell them, you should ensure them that while you are new to the job you are still dedicated to the company.  While I know it is illegal to discriminate against pregnant woman during hiring processes, he may feel betrayed....

Good luck!

Photo courtesy of www.yaporiginals.com
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    It's Beshert
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"