Hawaii Babies

Christmas shopping

I need some ideas, so help me out! I've gotten about half our shopping done, but there are still a few more people left to buy for (most notably Ben, because I just can't figure out what to get him this year Tongue Tied).

What are you getting for...

...husband?

...kid(s)?

...your parents?

...husband's parents?

...your siblings?

...your husband's siblings?

...everyone else (yourself, friends, extended family members, coworkers - basically whoever you feel like talking about lol)?

Re: Christmas shopping

• What are you getting for......husband?  Don't have even a little bit of a clue!!!  :(  I'm totally stuck on this one this year.  I'd love some suggestions!...kid(s)?  We got Henry a jumperoo, since he's about at the age where I think he's ready for it.  We also got him the Melissa and Doug 5' stuffed giraffe for his room...MH and I both always wanted a huge stuffed animal, and it was on sale, so we went for it (from Santa)!  We also have some basic clothes, books. and small toys that we'll give him the 8 nights of Hanukkah, since we are an interfaith family....your parents?  "365 Days of Henry" calendar!  We don't usually do gifts at all, but this'll be just from Henry....husband's parents?  Also the calendar (for Hanukkah)...your siblings?  nothing....we stopped exchanging gifts a few years ago, we only give gifts for those under age 18 now.  I do usually bake cookies and make candy, though, and give treat boxes to each family....your husband's siblings?  only child  :)...everyone else (yourself, friends, extended family members, coworkers - basically whoever you feel like talking about lol)?   For my three nieces I got lots of crafty stuff.  The two oldest (9 and 12) are currently learning how to crochet, so I got them yarn drums to hold their yarn and projects, a few skeins of yarn each, and a set of their own crochet hooks (so they can stop borrowing their mom's)  The youngest (just turned 7) I got a sew-your-own Build-a Bear and a rock painting set (don't ask me....she wanted it!  :P)For my boss and a few select co-workers I usually make treat boxes. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • ..husband.  No idea. :)  We just had an anniversary in Oct, where we got each other some goodies, so not sure we're going to splurge for Christmas.  Might pick him up a new belt or socks (since he's always saying he needs a new belt and black socks) :)

...kid(s)?  For K, I'm hoping to get him a jumperoo, too! His chubby toes can reach the floor when he's using the walker, but I don't like the one we have (it's a bit old), so I may just get him a new one with more bells and whistles. 

...your parents?  We won't see my parents until next year (when we go back to Hawaii for a visit), but they're also getting lots of photos of K, which I'm sure we'll make into a calendar or something. 

...husband's parents?  More photos in frames of K :)

...your siblings?  My sister is getting hitched in Sept next year, so her present will be something wedding related (maybe jewelry). 

...your husband's siblings?  No idea what to get my sis-in-law!  But now that we both have little ones, we're most likely just going to shop for them. 

...everyone else ... hmmm, for friends, I've gotten some cute earrings I found at a local store.  I tend to do jewelry for friends each year, since it's easy and some of the designs I find here in India are pretty unique.  

**a girl from Hawaii, living and driving in South India**

• Loading the player...
  • What are you getting for......husband? He's been talking about wanting a bathrobe and I REALLY want to get him a pair of slippers too... he's always wearing shoes around the house and it makes me crazy! He also mentioned wanting me to sew him an apron... I'm not sure how difficult that would be but I think I might be able to wing it. My goal was to find some cool fabric today but I've already been to JoAnn's and didn't find anything so we'll see... ...kid(s)? She's getting a kitchen and MAYBE some of her fake food... not all of it though :) I still have tons in the works to do for her so maybe she'll get what I've made so far. ...your parents? We're doing family pictures this coming weekend so we'll be doing framed pics of us with Bella for my parents. ...husband's parents? see above except his sister will be joining us with her fam so we're hoping for a BIG group picture of all of us.. minus his bro and his bro's fam because well that's another story... they opted not to join us....your siblings? We're not exchanging....your husband's siblings? not exchanging....everyone else (yourself, friends, extended family members, coworkers - basically whoever you feel like talking about lol)? I've asked for a rotary cutter and self healing mat. We exchange names on DH's side of the fam so we'll have a list of what that person wants, we pick on Thanksgiving. My best friend I'm not sure what to get her. I think I'm going to mention starting an ornament exchange. We used to give gifts to each other and then we started doing the kids AND each other but I have no idea what to get her LO. Besides the LO's get TONS of stuff anyways!
  • Christmas shopping is the pits!  It stresses me out, but I do prepare an Excel spreadsheet of who we are buying for, budget and then how much we spend.  It keeps me very organized.  I'm almost done for the most part, but here is what I'm doing for others this year:

...husband?  He really wants a new winter jacket that he can wear for work so I'm getting him a wool peacoat (that's his big present).  I'm also getting what I call "tree fillers" which consists of slippers, our annual xmas jammies, Notre Dame football stuff, and some funny gag gifts like moustache things found on Etsy and other sites and/or bacon stuff for his stocking.

...kid(s)?  Our stepdaugther is a Freshman in High School and earned her first varsity letter so we are getting her her letterman jacket and had her mom steal her letter out of her room so we can get it put on the jacket.  Other tree fillers consist of jammies, robe, fun socks, Justin Bieber stuff (don't even get me started).  Plus we just bought her all new stuff for her new room so she is pretty set.

...your parents?  This is ALWAYS a hard one.  They have everything, anything they want, they just go buy alredy for themselves.  It's annoying. My step mom I bought a NFL toaster to impring the Green Bay Packers on her toast.  Does she need it, no.  But it's so funny and weird.  My Dad is refurbishing a boat so maybe a gift card to Ebay so he can buy parts for it.  My mom, maybe a gift card to Pottery Barn so she can buy something for her new house she just bought.

...husband's parents?  Probably just Omaha Steaks, they are also hard to shop for.

...your siblings?  My sister I'm buying a gift card to American Eagle since she is in college and maybe some fun accesories like a scarf or some cute boots.

...your husband's siblings?  He has a large family so we just draw names at Thanksgiving so I'm not sure about this one yet.

I'm not a good gift giver.  I crack under the pressure because I think there is so much pressure to buy the "perfect gift".  Great post! :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    | Olowalu, Maui ~ August 6, 2008 |
    | Family of 4 ~ April 2, 2011 |
    | Family of 5 - October 24, 2012 |
  • imageMauiBride2008:

Christmas shopping is the pits!  It stresses me out, but I do prepare an Excel spreadsheet of who we are buying for, budget and then how much we spend.  It keeps me very organized. 

Ha! I do this too! Geeked

• What are you getting for...

...husband? we make lists for each other. so i'll have to pick from the list. there is a budget though. =)

...kid(s)? no gifts for LC yet since he's not here. but my sister's kids will get personalized tshirts from cafe press i think, whatever is on sale at tarjay, and a bunch of other little gifts.

...your parents? we're thinking of putting our vhs family videos on dvd

...husband's parents? a webcam so they can skype us to see baby when he comes. or cheesy grandparent tshirts.

...your siblings? she wants sexy clothes. hehehe

...your husband's siblings? he's in charge of his fam. not sure what he will get her.

...everyone else (yourself, friends, extended family members, coworkers - basically whoever you feel like talking about lol)? i usually only spend about $10-$15 per person. so usually an outfit from tarjay/kohls for nephews, food gifts for coworkers, yeah.. nothing too crazy. =) and always within budget! =)

D started out as a LUCKY CHARM but ended up being our LOVEBUG image
    hawaii 10.2008 plan ;P married bio ???
  • ...husband?

i'm getting him a combined gift with his bday since both of us have bdays around Christmas, so we do one big gift for a joint thing (given on our birthdays) and stocking stuffers on Christmas day...so I got him a introductory helicopter flying lesson

...kid(s)?

I haven't thought of what to get for LO yet! I get him things like every week (Amazon Mom is suckering me in!) so it's hard to think of something special/different/specific for Christmas =P

...your parents?

I'm planning on making a calendar with LO for them.

...husband's parents?

Same as my parents but with pics of LO with them instead of LO with my parents for some of the pics =P

...your siblings?

Nothing, we stopped exchanging gifts a while ago...

...your husband's siblings?

Haven't gotten anything for his brother & SIL (might end up doing Godiva cuz that's usually my go-to gift for people), but got a fondue pot set for his sister & BIL.

...everyone else (yourself, friends, extended family members, coworkers - basically whoever you feel like talking about lol)

For the nieces and nephews of varying ages, we got an iPod remote, special dice (one of them games), make-your-own room/door sign, ballerina Barbie, structural assemble-your-own-figure toy, make-your-own wind chime.

Sept 2008 Wedding | May 2010 & Mar 2012 Babies
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"