Illinois Babies
Options

Recommend your OB/Gyn

Hi -

I currently have an OB that is great, but his office hours make it impossible to schedule. I work downtown, so making an afternoon appointment in the suburbs is not really practical. I live in Oak Lawn, so I picked someone nearby. Everyone raves about Northwestern and their Women's Group so I'm thinking about checking them out. How does it work over there? Are the OB's broken up into practice groups? I'd also be willing to hear SW Suburbs recs if they have more than one night a week with late hours or even weekend appts. Thanks Ladies!

bfp: 09.22.10   m/c 11.05.10 @ 10w5d
bfp: 10.02.12  m/c 11.05.12 @ 9w3d
bfp: 05.15.15  m/c 06.25.15 @ 9w6d
bfp: 09.22.15  m/c 10.20.15 @ 8w1d

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Recommend your OB/Gyn

• Options
    I loved the Foley / Garvey practice at NW - their offices are at 600 N Lake Shore and I really liked every doc I had there (only switched b/c we moved to the 'burbs.)
    Visit BabyDealsDujour - we list all the baby daily deals in real-time! Please join our Facebook Group for updates on the best baby daily deals.
  • Options
    I absolutely LOVE Dr. Scott Hite.  He is at 55 E. Washington Blvd. downtown.  He is part of Womans' Health Consultants.  The website is www.whc3700.com.  They are a team of 4 doctors & they are all on staff at Northwestern Memorial.  I would recommend anyone to go to their office.  I'm treated great & they never think I'm silly asking all my questions & I'm always treated with the utmost respect.  I have also never waited more than 10 minutes to be seen. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    i go to Dr. Williams at the Women's Practice (same building as women's group...737 michigan, although u enter on chicago). I love her, and everyone else that i've met there. I've had no problems making afternoon appointments, and some days they start seeing patients at like 7am, so that could work for you too.

**Kelly***

image image
    Visit The Nest!

• Options

I'm also in the Foley/Garvey group at Northwestern and love it. Sometimes you have to wait a bit to see Dr. Foley, but it's well worth it. 

• Options

Hey I'm in Oak Lawn too!  If you don't mind, would you share with me the name of the OB that you are currently seeing (you can PM it to me if you prefer)?  I moved to Oak Lawn 14 months ago, and have been searching for a good OB/Gyn, and you said you like him except his hours are not so great?  I could deal with the hours for a doctor that is local.

As for Northwestern, I saw the midwife group with NMPG and they delivered my son in October 2009.  They were fabulous!  I'd stick with them, but the commute is not practical for me with having a 1 year old son.  But since you work downtown, I would definitely recommend them to anyone! 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I like Dr. Bonner at Chicago Women's Health group.  I'm 20 weeks preg.  They're at 211 E Ontario...right next to Prentice Hospital.  5 or 6 OBs in the practive
  • Options

When I was younger I was at the Foley/Garvey group. They were great! I had Dr. McNair, she was nice but not super friendly.  For the past 2 years I've been at the Women's Group @ Northwestern.  I've seen Dr. Williams and she was great! My normal doc is Dr. Buscher, she is wonderful! Very gentle. kind and understanding.  I personally think its worth the drive but then again, I've never been elsewhere (my mom works @ NW).

It can be hard to get seen but once you're in they are pretty accommodating with their scheduling. 

Good luck! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I go to Kim Mcmahon at the womens practice at northwestern I love her.  900 kingsbury
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imagecarmengamble:
    I like Dr. Bonner at Chicago Women's Health group.  I'm 20 weeks preg.  They're at 211 E Ontario...right next to Prentice Hospital.  5 or 6 OBs in the practive

Chicago Women's Health Group is at 211 E. Chicago, not 211 E. Ontario. I really like Dr. Brenda Onia at that practice and their hours seem very flexible. With one notable exception, the staff there is also quite friendly.

• Options
    I went to Southwest OBGYN group in Oak Lawn and delivered at Christ. Highly recommend! I was able to go regularly on Saturdays. As you can see I live in the city but went there b/c we'd like to relocate to the Beverly area when we sell our condo.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"