Birth Stories
Options

i want to know all the *awesomeness* of being pg

I'm not sure if anyone has done this before, but just in case they haven't... here it goes!

Ladies, we've all heard about the nastiness of being pg (and are officially scarred for life).  Now, the survivors of that thread want to know about the awesomeness of being pg.

Tell us about some of the good stuff!  Please?  Big Smile

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: i want to know all the *awesomeness* of being pg

• Options

A couple come to mind:

Getting a positive pregnancy test after years of infertility...(even if what came next wasnt so nice)

Holding Allison for the first time post c-section- there is nothing like your first baby..

After two kids created with ART...getting pregnant on your own and getting a real surprise...

January baby = some serious xmas eatting without guilt

• Options

You get an automatic *pass* on a lot of crap you would rather not do but usually have to....

For me, I haven't had to clean the litter box or pick up dog poop - that has been AWESOME.  I also haven't had to do any manual labor (digging holes for plants, painting, carrying massive laundry baskets up and down the stairs, bringing in heavy bags of dog food).  

Also, it's been a good reason not to take on the extra super stressful jobs at work (they tend to be the long winded ones - that will need to be wrapped up while I'm on maternity leave).  I've been picking up a lot more of the short term, smaller projects though - so I am still pulling my own weight.

Eating almost anything you want w/out too much guilt.  

Cute baby cloths shopping.

Oggling a super cute baby when you're all said and done.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Well there are alot of "pains" during PG, they are completly out done by the joys! 

The joy on your DH face when you tell him about the positive test.

Hearing the heartbeat for the first time (and then every time after that)

Always being able to be the person that picks where you get to go out to eat. :)

Looking forward to every doctor appt so you can see your little one in there.

Maternity clothes are super comfy. 

Feeling your baby move inside you.

Planning the nursery. and many more.. :)

Come on Sticky baby!!
    EDD 6/30/2016
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

EDD: 2/26/11  BORN: 2/15/2011

EDD: 2/23/2014  M/C 6/18/2013
    EDD 6/25/2014  M/C 11/8/2013
    M/C 4/20/2014
    M/C 6/22/2014

Our Z
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Check out my Blog:
    http://gomommy-meandmyboys.blogspot.com/

• Options

Seeing a heart beat on an u/s for the first time after a m/c.  It's the most wonderful sight in the world.

The reassurance that little kicks and punches brings.

Imagining the things you will teach your LO, the places you'll go, the memories you will make.

Watching your DH turn into a father right before your eyes.

Hanging tiny little outfits in a closet.

Watching your body go through incredible changes and realizing how natural it all is.

• Options

Feeling your baby moving for the first time and every time after that!

Knowing there is a little person growing and developing inside you!

Picking out names and room decor and clothes to prepare for baby's arrival.

Eating 2 icecream cones and not getting the evil eye!

Seeing an u/s for the first time!

Knowing that all the Tests and BFNs and Injections worked and you really were meant to be a mommy!

Every moment was amazing, and totally worth the aches and pains!

• Options
    LOL,silly!  Just check second trimester board!  I think we can all agree that despite the issues, its just plain awesome to have a baby inside you :)
  • Options
    imageMommy2Allie:

A couple come to mind:

Getting a positive pregnancy test after years of infertility...(even if what came next wasnt so nice)

Holding Allison for the first time post c-section- there is nothing like your first baby..

After two kids created with ART...getting pregnant on your own and getting a real surprise...

January baby = some serious xmas eatting without guilt

YesYes 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

i like all the compliments i get on my belly AND not having to worry about sucking in your stomach anymore lol

also, all the mile stones you go through the entire pregnancy... first heartbeat, first ultrasound, finding out what the sex is, shopping, setting up the nursery! all of it was amazing for me.  

Sometimes it's okay to follow. (Picture is a clicky)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

imageisoproud:
    LOL,silly!  Just check second trimester board!  I think we can all agree that despite the issues, its just plain awesome to have a baby inside you :)

When I first made this thread, I made the mistake of passing it onto the third trimester board.................

Surprise

...............you can imagine.

• Options

Watching your belly growing everyday, knowing that it means your little swimmer is getting bigger and stronger.

Feeling the first few kicks.

Seeing your baby for the first time on an ultrasound.

Holding your baby and looking at their blurry little face through all your tears. 

• Options

I want you to know that pregnancy is not bad AT ALL.  I heard a TON of horror stories when we started trying.  Yes, there are a few downsides.  But honestly?  I think a lot of women complain, because that's what they "think" they're supposed to do.  (I'm 35 weeks.. so I think I'm allowed to say this...)  You're pregnant, some of the downsides just come along with the territory of creating a miracle inside of you! :)

Being pregnant is AWESOME!  Seriously, it is the best thing in the world!  You get to carry your baby with you everywhere you go.  When you get bored, start talking to your belly and she/he will start to wiggle for you.  At random moments throughout the day, you can feel him/her get the hiccups.  Everyone is always SO nice to you, and wants to help you in any way possible.  You get to shop for WAY CUTE baby clothes. You become closer with your husband/partner when they get to feel your baby's tiny movements too!  It is the best!  I think the biggest thing about having an AWESOME pregnancy, is having a positive attitude.

• Options
    imageitsmeteehee@gmail.com:

I want you to know that pregnancy is not bad AT ALL.  I heard a TON of horror stories when we started trying.  Yes, there are a few downsides.  But honestly?  I think a lot of women complain, because that's what they "think" they're supposed to do.  (I'm 35 weeks.. so I think I'm allowed to say this...)  You're pregnant, some of the downsides just come along with the territory of creating a miracle inside of you! :)

Being pregnant is AWESOME!  Seriously, it is the best thing in the world!  You get to carry your baby with you everywhere you go.  When you get bored, start talking to your belly and she/he will start to wiggle for you.  At random moments throughout the day, you can feel him/her get the hiccups.  Everyone is always SO nice to you, and wants to help you in any way possible.  You get to shop for WAY CUTE baby clothes. You become closer with your husband/partner when they get to feel your baby's tiny movements too!  It is the best!  I think the biggest thing about having an AWESOME pregnancy, is having a positive attitude.

yes yes yes!

and you forgot the best part... you get a baby at the end of it all!!! If it wasn't worth it, everyone would be an only child!

• Options

imageitsmeteehee@gmail.com:

I can't wait.  :)

My husband and I haven't even started trying yet (waiting for the right time -- a few months from now), but he tells me that I "romanticize" pregnancy and motherhood.  hahahaha.  The thing is... I only tell him what I really feel!  I'm looking forward to eeeverything -- the good, the bad, the whole shabang.

Of course, we'll see if I change my tune when I'm waddling around 8 months pregnant.  Wink  I certainly hope not!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"