North Dakota Babies
Options

recipes please

I've been having a hard time getting Z to eat his veggies and fruits lately.  A public health nurse suggested I try baking things using veggies and/or fruits.  (He will almost always eat anything "bread-like".)  So far I have tried pumpkin muffins that are going over well and I found a recipe for zucchini bread to try next.  Does anyone have any good "baby-approved" recipes to share?  TIA!

imageimageAnniversary

Re: recipes please

• Options
    Does he like spaghetti? Cut a spaghetti squash in half ( long ways) and scoop out the "goop" and seeds. Put it flat side down on a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for one hour. Scrape out the remaining insides with a fork and they will be just like spaghetti. Top with sauce and he will never know the difference.
  • Options
    My nephew (well my sister) has the same prob. It's make corn bread but add veggies into it for him when I watch him. I get the basic $0.49 stuff from the grocery store & mix in pur?es of baby food. You have to cook it s little bit longer and add 1/4 less butter or oil it calls for. I've also substituted avacado for butter or oil in other recepies to make it healthier.

I 2nd the spaghetti squash. I make that for my dad about once a week. I'll call my sister tomorrow & ask if she has any other ideas.

K+S 9.18.9 | DD #1 age 2 | PG # 5 EDD 9.17.12

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Do you think he would like apple chips?  You can look for some directions online, but you basically cut them into really thin slices, sprinkle with cinnamon (optional), and then bake for a while on a really low temperature until they are brown and kinda crinkly.  They aren't as sharp as potato chips, probably much healthier, and taste really good!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!  I'll definately try these out.
    imageimageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"