Indiana Babies

Desserts for Thanksgiving

What are you having/making? I'm usually the one in charge of the sweets in our family and I'm blanking on what to make other than the usual pumpkin pie, etc. I was thinking about making the PW Apple Dumplings, but can't decide if there's something else that might be better.

What are you having?

Re: Desserts for Thanksgiving

• We always have pumpkin crunch which is kind of a version of dump cake with pumpkin...so, so yummy!  This year I'm also going to make this.  It looks so good.
  • We picked up a red velvet cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory at Sam's over the weekend. :)  nice and easy!

My coworker swears by persimmon pudding.  I've never had it, but she says it is a great holiday dessert!

• Loading the player...
  • My mom is doing pecan pie & pumpkin cheesecake (we normally do regular pumpkin pie, so I'm excited to try this). However, PW apple dumplings are always so delicious! They would be good right out of the oven with ice cream - not too heavy yet very yummy!
    Michael & Ashley . 9.19.2008 . http://bartoblog.com

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageiucarrie:
    We always have pumpkin crunch which is kind of a version of dump cake with pumpkin...so, so yummy!  This year I'm also going to make this.  It looks so good.

that cranberry dessert looks delicious (and easy)! I might have to add that to the list!

• I'm going to give these a try!  Has anyone made them?

https://annies-eats.com/2009/10/27/pumpkin-pie-bars/

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have an awesome recipe for a pecan pie cheesecake using a frozen pecan pie.  Let me know if you want the recipe, I'm just popping in for a minute during an all-day staff meeting.
  • I'm making a no bake pumpkin cheesecake :)  yummy!
  • Store bought cheesecake.
    ~Micah and Danae 6-17-06~
    ~GRACIE JEAN 7-5-08~

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Pumpkin Pie Cake -->

1-large can pumpkin pie mix

1-5oz can evaporated milk

1-egg, beaten

1-box yellow cake mix

1 to 2-sticks butter melted

pecans chopped

Preheat oven to 350.  Pour enough melted butter into 9x13 pan to coat bottom.  Mix pumpkin pie mix, evap milk and egg together and pour into pan.  Sprinkle cake mix over top of pie mixture.  Top with chopped pecans - ammount to your taste, but I like to pretty well cover the top. Drizzle rest of melted butter over top and bake for 45-50 minutes.

• imagelnross:

Pumpkin Pie Cake -->

1-large can pumpkin pie mix

1-5oz can evaporated milk

1-egg, beaten

1-box yellow cake mix

1 to 2-sticks butter melted

pecans chopped

Preheat oven to 350.  Pour enough melted butter into 9x13 pan to coat bottom.  Mix pumpkin pie mix, evap milk and egg together and pour into pan.  Sprinkle cake mix over top of pie mixture.  Top with chopped pecans - ammount to your taste, but I like to pretty well cover the top. Drizzle rest of melted butter over top and bake for 45-50 minutes.

yummm!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"