Indiana Babies
Options

Gift help

If anyone's got time to think about this with me.

I still need something for my Dad for Christmas.  We're celebrating down there this weekend which is why it's on my mind.  

He hunts.  Single. Doesn't really go out to eat, movies, etc. Has EVERYTHING he needs.  Has more money than he knows what to do with.  Very outdoorsy.  Likes old cars.

Is this striking an idea for anyone? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Gift help

• Options

Have you tried using the gifts.com gift finder?  I don't usually find an actual gift through it, but it often gives me some inspiration. 

I'm stumped on ideas for you.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Magazine - gift card to gander mountain - calendar

Have you asked him for ideas?? 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hmmm. I can ask my DH about the hunting stuff. I have no idea about hunting and outdoor stuff.
  • Options
    imageuofihoard:

Magazine - gift card to gander mountain - calendar

Have you asked him for ideas?? 

I have asked him....the answer "you don't have to get me anything."  Grr. 

• Options
    Maybe framed family photos of the ones Christie just took?   I know it's not much, but sounds like that may mean more to him since he doesn't really "need" anything.  Maybe your LO could make him something?   I know my dad would love that!
  • Options

In our family, and especially with all of our parents who have more than they need, we've started focusing on experiences.

So, is there something you can do together in lieu of a gift? Or are there tickets to something he'd enjoy?

Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Here was what is on my dad's hunting list.

Trail cam-Menards has one on sale Black Friday for around $45.

Insulated socks, hand warmers and gift cards to Dicks, Cabelas...any sporting goods store that carries hunting stuff.

~Micah and Danae 6-17-06~
    ~GRACIE JEAN 7-5-08~

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Another idea...a digital weather station? I think that is what you call them. It shows the weather outside and the forecast. We got that for my dad a few years ago and he liked it.
    ~Micah and Danae 6-17-06~
    ~GRACIE JEAN 7-5-08~

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imageKarlaRN:
    Maybe framed family photos of the ones Christie just took?   I know it's not much, but sounds like that may mean more to him since he doesn't really "need" anything.  Maybe your LO could make him something?   I know my dad would love that!

Excellent idea.....already done, lol.  I should have mentioned that.   

• Options
    imageMrsJMB:

imageKarlaRN:

Excellent idea.....already done, lol.  I should have mentioned that.   

Kinda figured that was obvious ..... We always seem to do a photo gift at Christmas time for the parents/grandparents!!

• Options
    Shutterfly picture book
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"