Alabama Babies

Infant acne?

If your baby had this, was there anything that you did for it to make it better?  Lanie has a horrible case of it right now...it's around her nose, on her eyelid, scattered on her cheeks...some of the bumps are yellow from puss and some are dark red.  It looks kinda painful actually.  I know this is common and will eventually go away on it's own, but if  there is anything I can do to speed up the process, I'd like to for her sake.  TIA!

Re: Infant acne?

• Caroline had it really bad too.  It's just hormonal and will eventurally clear up on its own....just don't pick at it!  I also washed her face in the morning and evening with warm soapy water (Johnson and Johnson's -- unscented).
  • We had good luck with California Baby Calendula Cream. It seems a little pricey for a 2 oz. container, but it goes a long way. We still use it as a moisturizer and if she gets a little rashy (she has eczema).

Good luck! It will clear up on its own eventually if nothing else. 

dx PCOS 2008 ~ Miracle baby DD born June 2010
    BFP#2: 9/25/11 M/C 6 weeks 5 days (CP) 10/13/11
    BFP#3: 12/23/11 Progesterone started 12/29/11 Stick, baby, stick! Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Jaxon had a horrible case of it, for about the first 5 months of his life.  Unfortunately, nothing will make it go away any faster (since it's hormonal, like Fran said).  My pedi advised us to not put anything on it at all (because it won't help if it's truly baby acne), just to wash his face well at bathtime.  I know it is so tempting, though!

We used the Calendula cream during the winter when he was older, but I think he had mild eczema at that time.

My pedi would also feel of the bumps, if they are "soft"=baby acne...if it is a rough patch=ezcema.

• Parker had baby acne also.  I was told to wash his face in the morning/night and never use the same cloth that you wash his body with.  His cleared up within a week.  I think it was the bath wash that was causing it. 

If they are yellow from the puss, I would do a warm compress maybe 3 times a day.  GL

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Preston had this as well. We used Aquaphor on his face and body...it worked well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"