Military Families

Enrolling baby in DEERS?

does anyone know if i can do this over the phone? or i actually have to go to the base and do it?? thanks in advance!
BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Enrolling baby in DEERS?

• You have to go in, because they need to see the birth cert. and social security card (if you have it) 

Also if you are not the sponser, (the solider/sailor/airmen/coastie) You need to have POA to enroll them into DEERS or have your solider/sailor/airmen/coastie go in and do the enrollment. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • image~LittleOne~:

You have to go in, because they need to see the birth cert. and social security card (if you have it) 

Also if you are not the sponser, (the solider/sailor/airmen/coastie) You need to have POA to enroll them into DEERS or have your solider/sailor/airmen/coastie go in and do the enrollment. 

ok thanks.. one more question.. we can't get the birth certificate for about a week.. can we bring the baby to the pediatrician before we enroll him? 

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • The hospital I delivered at was associated with my son's pediatrician so they already scheduled his first appointment. The hospital should have give you a little slip of paper as a temporary birth certificate. We had to use it to enroll our son in DEERS and to show the pediatrician because his actual birth certificate didn't come for almost 6 weeks after he was born. Hope this helps!
  • Newborns are automatically covered under Tricare Prime for 60 days after birth. You must enroll LO in DEERS before those 60 days are up. Until then, you can get care for LO under Prime automatically. 

So yes, you can take LO to the pedi even if he/she is not enrolled in DEERS yet.  

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagemeltoine:

Newborns are automatically covered under Tricare Prime for 60 days after birth. You must enroll LO in DEERS before those 60 days are up. Until then, you can get care for LO under Prime automatically. 

So yes, you can take LO to the pedi even if he/she is not enrolled in DEERS yet.  

This is basically what they told my DH last week so I'm pretty sure the 60 day thing is it. Just make sure you get it taken care of as soon as you can and within the 60 days. Smile

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"