Alabama Babies
Options

Crestwood Hospital - Huntsville?

Hey girls!  Has anyone delivered at Crestwood in Huntsville?  Based on horror stories I have heard from friends and co-workers, I am deadset against Huntsville Hospital.  However, some doctors from my church and our future pediatrition seem to really be against Crestwood.  

Has anyone used Crestwood?  Would you still recommend it over HH?

TIA! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Crestwood Hospital - Huntsville?

• Options
    I can't believe you're getting so close!!! I have had both a horror story at HH and a great experience so I can totally understand your hesitation to deliver at HH. I had planned on delivering at CW this go around and ended up with an emergency c section 2 weeks early at HH. Monica and fran both delivered at cw and loved it. The nursery is small the patient to nurse ratio is really good. My doctor had a concern about the anasthesia dept taking longer to be able to administer epidural because they aren't staffed at cw and have to travel occassionally so you may have to wait a tad for an epidural I do wish I could have delivered there hut I also had a great experience at HH also
  • Options
    I delivered at Crestwood.  My OBs partner is the Chief of Obstetrics and highly recommended it over HH.  I loved it there!  There were only 3 babies born the weekend Caroline was there.  It was also really nice to have 2 full sized hospital beds for after delivery.  Mark was able to sleep on one and of course, I had the other.  Because it was so quiet there, the nurses would just come and hang out with us.  It was really nice. :)  I wouldn't have had it any other way.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have delivered at HH twice and CW once.  I did not have bad experiences w/HH, but I absolutely loved CW and if I could go back I would have delivered there every time.  The nurses are just so personable and actually really seem to like their job.  It isn't very busy, so they always have time for you.  I felt comfortable sending Lanie to the nursery when I needed to b/c there were never many babies in there, but there were always several nurses in there.  I never sent Haley or Caleb to the nursery at HH...just didn't feel comfortable sending them there.  You are kinda just a "number" at HH.  Also, like Fran said, it was great having an extra bed for Jim at CW too.  The best thing, though, is that they didn't wake me or her up all the time like they did at HH.  If we were sleeping, they would always come back later to do what they needed to do.  I have nothing bad to say about CW except that, IMO, the food was better at HH.  Good luck!
  • Options

I didn't like CW. I hate that others have had great experiences there because I didn't... after delivery that it. Laboring and delivering was wonderful. I loved the nurses and it was such a great experience. After I moved to the post-partum room, it was different. The nursery nurses weren't the kindest to me. I was having trouble with breastfeeding and they acted like I should know everything about it. DH had also been desperatly trying to help with William and my troubles with it, but the nurse snapped at him saying that he wasn't "helping" enough. Maybe I just got short-ended though. One of them got angry with me because I was in a lot of pain from the episiotomy and was very slow moving. I wish I could deliver there next time and then get transferred to another hospital for recovery. Maybe it will be better for you. If you do deliver there, I will definately pray that you have a much better experience.

• Options
    Also there are many different hospitals around this area so you should definately do your research and see if your OB has priveleges at any others besides those two.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"