Baby Showers
Options

What is your experience w/ few RSVPs?

The shower is set for this Saturday, out of about 40 people, who were mailed invitations, there have only been 4 to RSVP at this point. The RSVP deadline was set for Monday. There are two of us helping out the host who has contacted a few people who said they would call her back to RSVP but have not done so. 

If we still set up for 40, and only 4 show then there will be a number of empty tables and a lot of extra food. But if we set up for half and everyone shows, we will be short. 

What is your experience with a low count of RSVPs?  

Re: What is your experience w/ few RSVPs?

• Options

Just keep calling people and explain that the host needs a final headcount so she can order the food. If they say they'll call the host, give it a day (maybe they're trying to shuffle plans around or trying to get a sitter) and then have the host call them directly.

If they're still evasive with the host... it seems harsh, but assume they're not going to show. Set up for the people that gave you a definitive "yes". It's rude to not RSVP (especially when you're going out of your way to call them) so if they don't bother,  they should not expect to be included. And your host should not be expected to provide extra food just in case the people who couldn't bother to pick up a phone decide to grace your shower with their presence.

• Options

How are the people normally?  Are they usually people who RSVP or just the ones that don't and show up anyway?  Every family has some of those!  lol  Anyway, with only 4 RSVP's and the shower Saturday, I would probably plan for 1/2 of what you invited.  I would make food for 20. 

girls photo zvczv.jpg

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Call them.  There is NOTHING wrong w/ calling and nicely asking if they plan to attend or not.  I would not want to hedge on only 10% response rate.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Options

This annoys me to no end. I especially hate when they do it for plated affairs. I would prepare for 20, and whoever shows up without RSVP'ng, greet them with a big suprised smile and a cheerful "Hi!! I didn't know YOU were coming!!"

Some people are just obtuse. Go ppepared with empty tins & tinfoil, and I'm sure the parents-to-be be would appreciate most of the leftovers to freeze for after the baby comes.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

well thats a real pain...

maybe you should call them and if they say they will call u back with a answer offer them to txt you or the host or e-mail.. i think some times now a days people just have a hard time actually picking up the phone and calling someone so if you say " feel free to text me or e-mail me at so and so adress.." maybe youll get a few more responds... i always put my e-mail on rsvps because i dont want people i dont know to feel akward (sp?) calling some body they dont know..

good luck!! 

• Options
    So annoying!!! I wish just once someone would actually turn people away from a wedding/ shower bc they hadnt RSVP'ed. At this point just bug the crap out of them get to get a response if you make calls/ emails and they dont respond they are prob not coming. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I would only plan for 10ish people... ?and would probably do it plated just to make a very clear point (have the table set for 10 people). ?Seriously, people need to learn. ?Sorry, no RSVP, no food for you. ?Behavior mod for rude adults.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I would have the host call or email those that didnt RSVP. I never get this. Some people are so rude! Is it really that hard to take 30 seconds out of your day and say yes you are coming or no you are not?
    Pregnancy Ticker

Natural M/C 1.10 MMC 1.13 CP 12.13
    This is for all the caterpillars that never became butterflies. And for all the butterflies that never felt the wind in their wings. And for all the hearts that had hopes and dreams of a wondrous flight together.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"