Philadelphia Babies

child care- newborn in NE Philly... cost estimates please!!!

Hi everyone, DH and I are figuring out when we are going to start TTC and part of that is the finances of it... I've read about national averages for day care costs but I know that can vary a lot in reality.  I live in the FAR northeast... as in practically out of the city (basically bensalem).  I was wondering if anyone in this area could give me an estimate on how much child care (full time) costs for a newborn. I'll have 12 weeks of Mat. leave so it would be after that. and then when that changes to toddler and cost wise... sorry if I'm getting all the categories wrong, I'm new to this!

TIA! 

imageimage

Our little hippo was as impatient as mom!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Hoping for a full 40 weeks!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: child care- newborn in NE Philly... cost estimates please!!!

• I live Delco, LO goes to The Malvern School for daycare.  The cost for him per month is $1120.
  • That sounds like a great price. Everything I've seen has been between $400 and $500 a week!!! Unfortunately none of the Malvern Schools are very close to me :-(
    imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • I live in Buck Co and have been researching daycares in the area for my LO to be. I only need child care 2 days a week, and that's roughly going to cost around $500/month. I'm guessing depending on where you choose, you'll be looking at over $1000/month.
  • I am ok with $1000... $2000 is really pushing any limits we have haha but if it means sending our baby to a safe place I'd pay it of course... I'm just hoping there is a middle ground
    imageimage

• When I was researching daycares in the area before I had my baby, they ranged from $800 to $1200 a MONTH.  The churches tend to cost less than the private centers.  We ended up having to do a babysitter/nanny in our home 2 days and my MIL watches baby 3 days since he was very premature and has low immunity- have to keep him out of daycare for at least first year now.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • aww I am so glad your son is doing well (judging by your signature)! thanks for the advice, I didn't think of looking at churches!
    imageimage

• I use an in home daycare and I pay $330 a week but that is for my two together.  Otherwise it is about $175 a week.  When they were infants, I had to supply formula and baby food.  But now that they are on table foods, i dont have to bring anything.  They supply milk, breakfast, lunch and snacks,

I live in Somerton so also right on the edge of the city.  The girls are very happy there. And I love the staff.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hi,

I actually do not have a cost estimate, or a daycare recommendation, but I know that my neighbor used care.com to find a nanny. Judging from their website it looks like you can also use the service to find other forms of care/child needs. 

If you have a Bright Horizons Childcare near you, I would definitely check them out. I am not 100% sure of the cost, but know they aren't too pricey, and have great standards of care. I am a teacher and also have worked at different childcare facilities (Bright Horizons being one of them). I would highly recommend them, and would consider sending my expected baby to one if need be. :)

HTH.

~ Cait

• There is one in Northeast philly near NE Airport that has good reviews

Just Children Daycare
    2901 Grant Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19114-1000

tuition for infants is $229/week

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"