Health & Exercise
Options

Working out with toddler ?s

I do not know how many of you have toddlers on this board, but my DD is going to be 16 months soon and I have off and on done exercising.  I am a SAHM and a fulltime student.  There is no reason I can't workout, besides the motivation.  I have a jogging stroller which I love and even when though it is cold outside already I would like to work that into a schedule. 

So I guess my question is for those of you with toddlers or even young babies when do you work out?  where do you work out? do you workout with your LO? what different kinds of workouts do you do?

I am looking for variety in workouts and I am trying to set a schedule up for myself, I know I want to do jogging/running (did it everyday when she was little and then again a few months ago for about 2 month stretches then stopped)  I also like yoga, but can't afford classes or a gym membership or anything like that.  I am looking for recommendations. 

My goal before we TTC again, is to like what I see in the mirror and at the moment I don't.  When I think of the actual amount I need to lose I get depressed and hopeless so I am going with a more feel and see approach.  (If curious it is around 75lbs I need to lose, I am a taller big boned girl who was not physically fit when I was prego with DD, but did not have any complications with pregnancy)  I am looking to make myself new.

Thanks for any suggestions or encouragment.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Working out with toddler ?s

• Options
    jogging stroller + gym daycare + workout when DH is home + videos during naptime.
    imageimage Ashley Sawtelle Photography
  • Options
    Totally agree with the above-- have you tried Leslie Sansone walkaerobics?? It is a GREAT workout and you can do it right in your living room, you can do 1 mile or up to 5 miles depending on the DVD you get.  I lost 65 lbs.I gained while prego with this after I had DD.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I work full time and work out when DS goes to bed at night.  I recently cancelled my gym membership and do Jillian Micheals dvds at home or walk.  The Jillian dvds are really helping to tone up ( I do 30 day shred and no more trouble zones). Good luck...just keep working at it!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    30 day shred. What I love about it is that it's only about 25 minutes, and I'm done super quick!  Not that I get to it that often...once or twice a week. But it still makes a difference for me!
  • Options

I'd suggest doing a Couch to 5k program to ease back into running.  I take DS out with me while I run.  I usually go around his nap time so that way he doesn't fuss in the stroller the whole time

Try renting some work out DVD's from Netflix and do them either during naptime or after bedtime (or if you're ambitious, before LO wakes up in the morning  lol).  They have a bunch to choose from with yoga or Jillian Michaels, ect

Make sure you get checked by your doctor.  You could be anemic or have problems with depression or your thyroid that are causing your lack of energy and motivation.

GL! 

CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"