Indiana Babies

anyone around and bored?

Want to help me with ideas for Krista's nursery?  I love, love, love this but I'm thinking white sheets might not be the best idea for a newborn.  I'm not into pink at all though.  I don't mind it as a little bit of an accent but that's about it.

Re: anyone around and bored?

• We have a white sheet that's survived through James and Kaylee - still perfectly white. I don't know if that's just luck or if it's because it was only one of a few sheets in our rotation or what.

This is kind of cute. Not as white.

• I absolutely love that! It's so unique, and IMO, a perfect blend of modern but still girlie and a little traditional.

Ella has a couple of white sheets and they're fine. Then again, we have four sheets in rotation so there isn't one that gets more used than another. I think if you rotate a few others in, you'll be fine.

Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • eeee I love it. LOVE it.  I don't see any issue with white sheets.  :) Even with our puker they look great.  The darks fade more.

We could paint directly on the walls something that coordinated with that pattern :-) 

• I love the Kelley green/navy blue combo but I don't want that dark of a color on the walls.  What color should I do instead? 
  • imageJenbenIU:
    I love the Kelley green/navy blue combo but I don't want that dark of a color on the walls.  What color should I do instead? 

I'm with you - love kelly and navy. I always buy Ella's accessories (like her day care tote) in those colors. So classic and still fun.

What about more of a teal or aqua? That print almost seems a little tropical, too. I guess it depends on the feel you're going for.

Khaki could be cool, too - because it's a neutral, it would keep the white and green looking sharp.

Yellow?

• What color is your crib furniture?

If it's white, how awesome would it be to have the one wall where the crib is in a deep, rich navy (and the rest white)?

I can see not wanting to paint all the walls navy, but one would be really stunning.

• I love the teal/aqua idea Lauren!!! Very creative but I think it would look great.
  • I thought about gray and then decorate with white and green.  Thoughts?
  • FWIW, with a child that barfs ALLLLLLLLLLl the time, white stuff is staying white here.  I use a tide free stain cube thing in every wash so I think that helps.  They have two kinds of stain remover, and I use the ones that are free of fragrance, etc.

We haven't finished our room yet, but we are painting the walls a light gray, our furniture will be black and the accents are going to be apple/kelley green.  So I'm a fan.  :)  We're going to use all black/white pictures in there, too.  It's on my list after I finish up Jackson's room.

As far as aqua - I can say that bright green looks really good with a tiffany blue/aqua-y color as well.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/11641800@N03/sets/72157624772276907/

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"