Pregnant after 35

** PG > 35 Weekly Check-In + QOTW ~ Nov. 15, 2010 **

Welcome to the Pregnant after 35 Weekly Check-In!  I'll try to always do this on Mondays, unless anyone has suggestions for a better day.

If you would like to be added to the check-in, just reply to this post with:

your screen name
first name (optional)
due date
sex of baby (if known, or will it be a surprise?)

Please let me know if you have any updates and/or edits that need to be made.  Also, if I missed any births please let me know so we can celebrate with you!

Congrats to New October/November Mommies:

mom2anangel (Amy): 11/3/10 (EDD 11/18) - Gabrielle Ann
ateytelb (Anna): 10/27/10 (EDD 11/3) - Erin Nicole
Sunny70: 10/17/10 (EDD 10/20) ? Morgan

Any updates on October or early November EDD mommies (or daddies)???

Sending lots of *easy labor vibes* to our moms who are "almost there". :)

Pregnant Moms by Due Date:

November 2010
Bfcake69 (Stacey): 11/01/10 - Girl
Jzc0106: 11/03/10 - Surprise
Dad2be:  11/03/10 - Surprise
Alteregoist (Saskia):  11/05/10 ? Boy
The Future Mrs Macklin: 11/06/10 - Girl
Danapapoi (Dana):  11/07/10
Struttonnorf (Leonie): 11/09/10
Wheelber (Stephanie):  11/11/10
(Ma?iingan:  11/18/10
Jscann (Jennifer):  11/19/10
Tracey4228:  11/24/10
JAM and MJK:  11/25/10 - Girl
CindyHenricks:  11/27/10
Lvnbraves:  11/30/10

December 2010

HeyEliza:  12/01/10
Sunnyinseattle1 (Sunny): 12/01/10
Sil222 (Sil):  12/02/10 ? Girl (sched. c-section)
GenRN45:  12/08/10 - Surprise
GymDogFran (Fran):  12/10/10 ? Twins (Girls)
Shouldbworkin:  12/10/10 (sched. c-section)
Mz Madison-White:  12/11/10
Estellababy:  12/12/2010 - Boy
Divaessence:  12/18/10 - Boy
MrsSavannah:  12/19/10
Red0427:  12/20/10
ccbelle123 (Erin):  12/20/10 - Girl
Beaker38 (Lori): 12/21/10
Kellyspregnant (Kelly):  12/21/10
Saverchic:  12/27/10 ? Twins
Strunella:  12/28/10 ? Boy
NaturallyHazel:  12/28/10
KristyJ72:  12/31/10

January 2011
Itsmevkb (Kelly):  01/03/11
RN536 (Jen):  01/03/11 - Girl
Wiscgirl95 (Katie):  01/04/11
Daisy30220 (Kimberly):  01/05/11
NOELHC (Anna):   01/12/11
Swrlygrl: 01/12/11 ? Girl
jmcdow (Jennifer) 1/16/2011 - Girl
Deanne Shehane:  01/25/11 - Boy

February 2011
Cosnowbaby (Leslie):  02/11/11 ? Girl
Teacherlizzie (Lizzie): 02/14/11
Symharmony (Michele): 02/17/11 ? Surprise
manyblsngs (Stephanie): 02/23/11 - Surprise
Mommy2Ajani+1 (Alicia): 02/27/11

March 2011
Kayteagirl: 03/03/11
Robynjdm: 03/09/11
Junebugg2271 (Lisa): 03/14/11 - Boy
RyaSilly03 (Liz):  03/16/11
Jannymcg:  03/16/11
OscarQ (Alison):  03/17/11 - Boy
HipMomma (Jenn):  03/21/11
elmelautumn (Mel): 03/22/11 - Boy
pa_kris: 03/22/11
Sshruff1: 03/25/2011
Lkingery (Laura):  03/28/11
Jens38 (Jen):  03/28/11
TheCricket:  03/28/2011
His Super Girl: 03/29/11

April 2011
ballmom (Amy):  04/01/11
HMWM (Heather):  04/02/11 ? Surprise
Chrishvny (Christine):  4/02/11
Seafan11: 04/06/11
comfortable:  04/10/11
Anniebpgh (Annie): 04/18/11
Oliverncherie (Cherie): 04/18/11
prayingforone: 04/25/11 ? Twins (Boys)
99christine99 (Christine): 04/26/11

May 2011
Shelleyk34 (Shelley): 05/02/11
CharBart (Char): 05/04/11 - Twins
suz4t (Suzanne): 05/09/11
miricard35: 05/14/11
kristennd (Kristen): 05/15/11 - Surprise
funkymama: 05/16/11
kikijbird (Kiki/Erica): 05/28/11 - Surprise
Mrs_M: 05/28/11

June 2011
curlyQdesign (Michelle): 06/16/11 - Surprise
calibride2005: 06/02/11
LeesMyBaby: 06/11/11
Simonaaaa (Simona): 06/17/11 - Surprise
BrandySun (Brandy): 06/21/11 - Surprise

July 2011
honeylizb (Liz): 07/01/11
figsandolives (Tina): 07/12/11 - Surprise
YaraC (Laura): 07/16/11
ssull1974 (Shannon): 07/18/11

Gender Stats:   Team Blue: 10; Team Pink: 11; Team Green: 12; Unknown: 55

Updates: How are you feeling?  Any events/news to share?  New pregnancy symptoms, or any that have disappeared?

Question of the Week (QOTW):
Who has it been the most fun to share your news/pregnancy with? (and/or, How is DH/DP handling the pregnancy?  Super psyched, ho hum, or super scared?)

*If you have ideas for future QOTW, let me know (either post question ideas with your update, PM me, or email me at kikijbird at gmail dot com)!*

Runaway Bride - Catch me if you can!
photo by Scott Metzger
kikijbird ~ Erica (aka Kiki) & Paul ~ 24 April 2010
The JBirds Bio ~ Updated 03.02.10 - Invites!

Anniversary

Re: ** PG > 35 Weekly Check-In + QOTW ~ Nov. 15, 2010 **

• Updates: Had my 12-week OB appointment today - got to hear the baby's heartbeat again, and this time for several seconds, music to my ears!  Doc was all excited that I'm starting to get a little bump.  Big Smile  Though I am on the cusp of the second trimester, I still don't feel all that great... hoping I start to feel that "second wind" soon!

Who has it been the most fun to share your news/pregnancy with? (and/or, How is DH/DP handling the pregnancy?  Super psyched, ho hum, or super scared?)

I'd have to say my sister(s).  They are a bit younger than me, and especially the older of the two is super into my pregnancy and psyched to be an aunt, and keeps checking up on me.  She begs me for updates all the time, and I send both sisters weekly text messages with the "fruit of the week".  Sure they could look this stuff up online, but they get a kick out of hearing it from me.  

As for DH, he isn't all that outwardly emotional to begin with, so I'd say he's ho hum, but that's probably not accurate.  He's pretty involved and supportive, just not a "jumping up an down" sort of guy.  I think he's still kind of in shock, and this whole baby thing probably won't hit him until the baby starts kicking, or maybe even, lol, until DH is holding him/her in his arms.

photo by Scott Metzger

Anniversary

• I had my 12 week NT test/Scan last week and tech was in a hurry, pictures were unclear and she didn't give me details, which I understand. I did get to hear and record the heartbeat, so that was the best I have to wait until Dec 9th to see the MD and hear the HB again. My morning sickness has kicked my rump these past few days, ugh and I even have Zofran. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I get grossed out in the kitchen (again) and smells are increased which makes me want to vomit. Hoping today is a better day, I've only puked once. ugh. Energy level is slowly increasing today and I have a ton to do, fun!

Who has it been the most fun to share your news/pregnancy with? (and/or, How is DH/DP handling the pregnancy?  Super psyched, ho hum, or super scared?)

I would have to say telling my BF I am pregnant and she didn't get it. Conversation went something like this..

Her son is 10 months old. ME - I guess its time for another one for you guys.

HER - I know gotta get on it - what about you guys.

ME - I think so

HER - When do you think you will have another one?

ME - May of next year

HER - oh your going to start trying then

ME - No we are going to have one May 28, 2011

HER - Oh your trying then, cool

ME - NO... I am DUE next May 28th

HER - OMG, your pregnant? What?

ME - yeah that's usually what due means, lol.

It was fun. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • My DH is a pro at being a father now and once the baby starts kicking he will realize it. He already kisses the belly and rubs it and is happy our daughter will be a big sister.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • No new exciting news this week. 

QOTW:

So far, DH was the most fun because he's been so excited and thrilled and I loved his reaction BUT we haven't told family yet so maybe that will be the most fun.  I would say he is superpsyched and smiles whenever I have a pregnancy related complaint. 

Shannon Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mrs_M, that's a great story about your BFF! 

photo by Scott Metzger

Anniversary

• your screen name - LauraLynneC
    first name (optional) - LauraLynne
    due date - July 8, 2011
    sex of baby (if known, or will it be a surprise?) - unknown

Updates:

How are you feeling?  Like I'm goign to puke every minute of the day.  it's better with some food in my stomach but - ugh.  I have a history of hyperemisis and this pregnancy looks like it's headed down the same road.

Any events/news to share?  Still need to make a doctor's appointment - not sure why I'm holding off - guess I'm not ready for the official "AMA" diagnosis.  

New pregnancy symptoms, or any that have disappeared?  Just the usual! 

DH is freaking out a little.  This will be his first (and only)  Neither one of us have been able to relax yet since I'm still so early and the  last pregnancy ended in miscarriage.  I'm excited but still cautious - and trying really hard not to spill the news to anyone.  It's hard to cover up with all the nauseau and the sore boobs and twitchy abdomen...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • MelPelu: 06/12/11 --Surprise!

My mom was definitely the most fun.  I asked her how work was going and to remind me again when she planned to retire.  When she said, "another 18 months," I said, "that really won't work for us.  We'll need you next September." and gave her the U/S pic!  She knew what it was, but wasn't quite sure it was mine. :)  Of course, then we both started to cry. 

I'm an only child, so aside from my step-children (23 & 21), this will be her first grandchild.  And a long time coming....I'm 41.  Did 4 IVFs about 10 years ago with no luck, and had pretty much given up over the last 5 years.  And surprise, surprise--we're pregnant--the old-fashioned way. 

• Hi Ladies!

Update: Still brown spotting every now and then but we had another u/s on Friday and both babies looked great.  The Dr pretty much said it is just my cervix giving off some blood which can be completely normal.  Baby B was kicking baby A in the head....looks like I'm gonna have a couple of handfuls to take care of!  I go to my Peri on Weds and I am hoping that they can tell us what we are having.

DH is excited about the babies and he is super cute about it.  The best reaction I got was when I skyped my Mom to show her the first u/s that showed twins...it was priceless!

• mkwt   (Melissa)  due 07/11/11  Will find out!

Update:  I am no longer "lucky", I think m/s started this morning with a venegance.  UGH!!!

Most fun to tell:  Wow that is hard, they all were fun to tell.  My mom jumped up and down and was sooo excited, I told her that we would have to cancel her birthday trip (june) but to make up for it I was giving her a grand baby in July!  My dad cried, it was just precious.  The outlaws we told via skype, and they did not beleive me, just like how their son acted (must run in the family)

How is DH coping:  He is not an emotional kinda guy either, we must have brothers Kikibird! :)  But he has been reading my pregnancy books, which I think scare him because he said he is not sleeping well!  He also puts his hand on my stomatch at night and says "Do you feel it kicking", Um not yet sweetheart I don't think it has leg yet!  :)  I was also outta town this past weekend visiting a friend and he texted "What time are my babies coming home", which I was thought was kinda weird!!

• dianah36

Diana

June 13, 2011

don't know the set yet but we'll find out when we can!

Haven't told anyone yet....I'm about to explode! But I want to wait until after my amnio.

• MrsDL - 5/11/11 - We will find out Dec 10th

Like clockwork MS went away at 13.5 weeks so I feel great - my belly seemed to pop overnight which I wasn't expecting - this last week I'm not sleeping well at all (normally sleep on my tummy or back - now trying to sleep on either side and I'm not used to it). I'm not exhausted but I have a feeling I'm going to miss all the sleep I got in 1st tri.

Update - had my NT earlier this month - it was OK but the NT was measuring at the high end of normal (2.8) ::sigh:: Down's risk is now 1/900 and Trisomy 13/18 is 1/9,500 so they were not worried, nasal bone present. Sometimes high NT can indicate a heart defect - so the genetic counselor said our risk of that will be 2% which I'm dealing with fine now - it didn't phase DH because he's a "glass-half-full" guy but I was a bit of a hysterical nutcase when I heard there was a risk of ANYTHING being wrong. The counselor was great and all looked normal - heart had four chambers and normal beat at 155. Oh the things we go through with these tests! On the positive side - if there is a problem it will be found well in advance and we can be prepared but I'm really hoping I'm in that 98% everything is perfectly fine group. In any case, anxiously awaiting the anatomy scan now and not just to find out the sex - just want a good look at the baby and his/her heart to keep me sane until January.

• Woodwife, Claire, due 7/16/11, too early to know sex!

Update: the BFP! These are the early days and so far not bad. My boobs are trying to establish their own zip code and they hurt all the time but I've only had a few moments of m/s. Fatigue arrived today. Jeeze! But next week may be different...

How did DH handle it? With total unqualified joy. He was THRILLED and remains so. He's so responsible about us and is always worrying about finances and so forth, but instead of getting freaked out by the new baby, he's actually relaxed. He's an inspiration, I tell ya.    

So glad to join you! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagekikijbird:

Updates: How are you feeling?  Any events/news to share?  New pregnancy symptoms, or any that have disappeared? 

Hello Kiki and all!

No special updates - patiently waiting for my 1st U/S in one weeks time. Very nervous. My symptoms are still mild..  hardly any fatigue, hardly any nausea, hardly any sore boobs... just the cramping to remind me I'll still pg. Also hungry! 

I know I shouldn't ask for m/s, but it really would make me feel better. LOL

I told my sisters the day I got my BFP. They knew we were trying! My mom also knows. DH is cautiously excited/ho hum - We both are since we suffered a m/c last year. He hasn't told his side yet (They live overseas). I'm thinking of telling the general public when I'm 16 weeks or so..depends how much I'm showing by then , or sooner. I have no clue. LOL 

That's it. Wish this group was more active!! :) 

• Hi ladies,

Not much to report here. No symptoms really to speak of yet. A little light cramping and maybe a little more fatigue. I'm still nursing DD so I really don't know what will happen with my boobs. Last time they grew early and then stopped. I finally got around to calling the doc. My 1st appt isn't until Dec 27, I knew it would be that long as they don't generally see you until 10 weeks. Last time I had been undergoing testing from and RE and got a u/s at 6 wks so I'll miss that early look this time. 

We haven't told anyone yet since it is still very early. My DH has been super-psyched. My first one, he wasn't as excited because he was scared about the whole baby thing but this time he knows how great it has been to have DD and is so excited about having another. He is also excited that now he has an excuse to get a minivan- and he can pretend like he didn't want it but had no choice. 

• Updates:  Pregnancy-wise I've been feeling well.  Had a rough week last week after DD and I took a tumble down the stairs.  See my post above (too long to describe here!)

Question of the Week (QOTW):  Of course I was very excited to tell DH.  I think he was pretty thrilled about the prospect of a 2nd as soon as I told him.  I was a little bit scared at first, but very happy of course!

We had a lot of fun telling our families this year.  We had my parents, his parents, and his two sisters and their families all over for cake to celebrate my birthday.  It was only 2 weeks after DD's 1st birthday and we had a belated birthday gift for her that had gotten lost in the shuffle at her party.  She got the wrapping paper off her new book and was looking at it while both of our mothers looked at the title "I'm a Big Sister".  My sister-in-laws both asked what book it was and then it finally hit both of the grandmothers and everyone in the room went crazy.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hi Kiki-

I didn't realize that all the TTC +35 ladies are here too!!  Can you add me to the list?

JilliansMoma/Due 4-25-11/Surprise

Updates:

Just hit the 17 week mark and I'm feeling great.  I'm really impatient to feel this little squirt moving.  With my DD I felt her at 16.5 weeks.  I've had no real MS with this PG so I'm fortunate.  Just found out that I'm glucose intolerant so have to watch my carbs and up my exercise but that's no problem.  I have my anatomy scan on 11/30 but we won't find out what we are having.

QOTW:

Almost everyone in my family knew about our IVF so they were calling to find out results I tried my hardest to avoid and sound "sad" on the phone until a family dinner later in the week.  I had read that a lady used her camera but set it to video and instead of telling everyone to say "cheese" she said say "I'm pregnant!" and she caught the whole thing on video.  I did that at our family BBQ and it was awesome.  All my aunt/uncles/ cousins/ brother & mom went nutso!!! The video is pretty cool!

Take care and I'll have to put an intro up so the board knows who the heck I am!! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

IF History in my Bio!

• your screen name  - jlb3873
    first name (optional)- Jamie                                                                  due date- 02/14/11
    sex of baby (if known, or will it be a surprise?)- BOY!

My oldest daughter (16 years old) has been SO much fun!!! She is SO excited about having a little brother she can hardly contain herself. She planned a wonderful baby shower all by herself. Everytime she comes near me she is grabbing my belly and talking to baby or kissing my belly. She is constantly talkin' to my dogs, asking them if they "want a baby brudder" LOL.- DH on the other hand is trying to be excited, he just turned 50 in October (I am 37) and I think he is a little nervous about becoming a dad to a new baby at this stage of the game. Our youngest is 7 and this pregnancy was not planned and a bit of a shock to all of us.

• your screen name MrsPerrin
    first name (optional) Maria
    due date 5/18/2011

Had 2 OB appts, a Nuchal done and will have my next appt on 12/15.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"