Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

When are you planning on having your next child?

Just curious to see the responses here...Smile

DH and I always thought we'd have the two kids we want close in age, but now that our first LO is here the thought of two kids under 2 scares me!  When do you guys want your next child?  How long will you wait?  Those that have 2 kids already, any suggestions on the age difference between the two kids?

Re: When are you planning on having your next child?

• Options
    I want to wait to start trying until at least after LO's first b-day. I would like them 2-3 years apart.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We will start trying when DD is 11 months

Danica 10.22.10 | Milo 12.23.12

PicMonkey Collage3

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

I'll love you forever,
    I'll like you for always,
    As long as I'm living my baby you'll be.
    - Robert Munsch
  • Options

From what I can figure from a work/financial perspective, we'll start TTC when Grace is about 18 months old.  There are certain leaves in NJ that you can only take advantage of every 24 months and it's important to me to be able to spend as much time at home as possible.  This time around I'm off from September 8th-January 24th.

Plus, I've had 2 c/sections in 13 months....my body really needs time to heal.

BFP #1 5/10/06 ...m/mc @11.5w 6/29/06 D&C 6/30/06
    BFP #2 10/29/08 ...stillborn via c/s @41w 7/20/09
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    missing my baby everyday
    BFP #3 1/20/10 My angel's little sister Grace Madison was born September 8th 2010 @37w. We're so blessed! Thank you angel for getting her here safely.
    BFP #4 12/30/11. Jackson Christopher 8/22/2012 via repeat c/s @ 37w 3d
  • Options
    We're thinking of a 2-3 year age difference between all of them.  We'll probably start TTCing summer of 2012.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

We're not having any more unless some sperm magically travel through my H's snipped bits.

I like the age difference between the two boys (2 1/2 years).

• Options

I suck at pregnancy so we are done. lol

I really like the age difference between our girls though.  DD #1 is pretty self-sufficient and she's actually a really big helper.  I think they're still close enough in age to be good buds too.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

If it were up to me, I'd want to start trying for another right away. However, the reality is that we can't really afford two, and my husband's head would explode.

And I already feel super guilty being back at work full-time, I don't think I could handle leaving two babies at home. My little girl barely recognizes me as it is. Sad

• Options

Oops!  Sorry for the repeat post! 

We were going to start trying 2011 in the summer, but now I'm thinking of summer of 2012 so that DS will be 2 1/2 years old.  My brother and I are 3 years apart and we hardly have a relationship, so I always imagined my kids being closer in age, but who knows.  I kind of want to take the pill until next summer and then stop and see what happens.

• Options

imagekellelle01:
    My brother and I are 3 years apart and we hardly have a relationship

I don't think closeness in age is what determines closeness in relationships. I know a brother and sister who are 14 months apart and HATE each other, and two brothers who are 10 years apart and very close.

My brother and I are 3 years apart and are fairly close.

• Options
    We're done! My kids are about three years apart and I think it's a good age difference. We probably would have had them closer together if we had DS first,  my DD was colic and quite frankly a miserable baby. We were so scared of having another colic baby, we planned on trying in Jan 2010, but ended up getting pg in Nov 2009 because we were not careful one night. Our ds is one of the happiest babies I've ever met. We got very lucky.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Half-past never. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• Options
    My kids are 5 years apart.  Perfect for us!  DS1 is old enough to play independently and understands when I need to be with the baby.  He's also a fabulous helper. 
    Big Brother Logan Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Baby Miles Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Bryan Smith - Freelance Photography Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imagecinema_goddess:
    Half-past never. 

This. All.Of.This! Neverrrrr!!

• Options

my girls are 3 yrs apart.  while the age difference will be great later, right now it's exhausting.  my 3 yr old wants, needs, deserves attention and the baby isn't an easy one.  if your 2nd isn't a chill baby, i'm not convinced there is ever a perfect time...

edit...

there is no freakin' way i am having another.  i will be having the essure procedure done!

• Options

We are going to start trying in April. We aren't doing much to prevent it now though. We would like 4 or 5 kids. DH would like 6! I would like 3 biological and we would like to adopt. 

I was lucky with a very good pregnancy that hasn't deterred me from wanting to be pregnant again. LOL. Thank goodness! I know of some people who hated being pregnant and therefore want to postpone their next pregnancies as much as possible.

EDIT :

I also wanted to add that DH and I are both only children!! While we love it in many respects we're dying for a big family and to give our grandchildren aunts and uncles! One of the reasons we  want a big family! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    NEVER!!! I am done!!!! My babies are almost 4 years apart and DD is a lot harder then DS was!!
  • Options
    If we have another one, I'd like them to be 3-4 years apart. The thought of getting pregnant again right now scares the crap out of me.
  • Options
    well ideally we wanted them 2-3 years apart...however...we ended up having to do invitro  which broke our bank.  we have 3 frozen embryo's and will probably transfer them in 4-5 years ..at which point our cars and other debts should be paid off and we'll be looking to buy a bigger house in a better school district
    1 chemical and 1 loss at 9 weeks prior to DS
    IVF #1 1/10-transfered 2 blasts- DS born 10/2010

Trying for # 2 since 2012.  2 failed FETS 1 failed IUI.
    IUI#2 4/14/14-- BFP !!!!! Beta #1 14dpiui= 45 Beta #2 16dpiui= 80  Beta #3 18dpiui= 88 (chemical pregnancy)
    March 2015- Chemical pg

1/25/16- BFP  Beta1 12dpo = 17, Beta 2 14 dpo = 28.. resulted in one beautiful boy born 9/21/16 :)

Now I'm a stay at home loving life and pursuing my love of photography!!!
  • Options
    We are thinking about 3-4 years apart. We want them close enough in age to be friends when they are older but far enough apart that DD can "help out" with LO #2 and I don't have to take care of 2 babies at once.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    we'll have another one when i forget how much it hurt to have this one :) probably 3 years...... i can't imagine loving another baby as much as i love our sweet girl!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

DH and I have decided to wait until LO is 8-9 months so that they will be at least 18 months apart. Than we are done. DH is older than I am and does not want to be to old when we have our last one besides he already has a 12 yr old son from a previous marriage

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagelilygator:
    If we have another one, I'd like them to be 3-4 years apart. The thought of getting pregnant gain right now scares the crap out of me.

This...got an IUD for piece of mind until we are ready.

Funny part is I thought for a while I would only have 1 but now that he is here, he is so much fun and I can't imagine him not having a sibling. 

• Options
    imageOctoberMomma28:

imagecinema_goddess:
    Half-past never. 

This. All.Of.This! Neverrrrr!!

This again!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    i want to wait until i finish school and start my job so probably in 2-3 years! 
    Sometimes it's okay to follow. (Picture is a clicky)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

Yeah, not happening... at least not until I forget all about pregnancy and these sleepless nights. 

** I just jinxed myself... I'll end upwith 2U2 :( ** 

• Options
    IF and it is a HUGE IF . We will wait 3-5 years to have another. I am however pretty sure we are one and done. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

imagedanielle0278:
    I want to wait to start trying until at least after LO's first b-day. I would like them 2-3 years apart.

Same here. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo 198298_4113504195106_1134927813_n.jpg photo 71888_10200313406736972_872717456_n.jpg
  • Options
    We plan on starting to try after our daughter's first birthday.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I would start trying right now if I could.  I had a csection, so I need to wait about a year.  I will start trying this summer when DS is close to a year old.  I'm 36, so I don't want to wait to long.
  • Options

never! we are soooo done

eta: our girls are almost exactly 2 years apart and i love the spacing. DD is still really dependent on us and we have 2 in cloth dipes but she had zero jealousy and loves her sister. I wouldn't do it differently.

I am getting the paragard in 2 weeks and then my tubes tied when it "expires" in 10 yrs. I think that's plenty of time to be sure that we don't want another.

2 losses
    2 beautiful children
    proud mommy!
  • Options
    Indifferent I'm pretty sure I'm done. I would say 3 years apart is easier than 2 years apart. So plan wisely. Mine are all about 2 years apart and believe me my hands are FULL!
    * DD1 1.18.04 * DD2 1.22.06 * DS 10.2.07 * DD3 8.19.10 * *Happiness keeps you sweet, trials keep you strong, sorrows keep you human, failures keep you humble, success keeps you glowing, but only God keeps you going.*
  • Options

When Hart is talking and potty trained then we'll get to the second one

imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    We are planning on trying when DS is 5. We can't afford to have 2 in daycare and we currently live in a rental and our planning to buy a home in four years.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Oh my, first I have to say I LOVE your siggy pic.  He is beautiful!  

Secondly, we had our girls 2 yrs 3 mos apart and I think it's been perfect.  DD#1 was potty trained and into a big girl bed prior to DD#2 arriving.  We did lots of preparing through books, dolls and talking.  She has yet to act out or even behave in a jealous manner.  She is old enough to communicate with us and to be left alone in a safe play room while I tend to DD#2.  I love that they will be close in age.  DD#1 is also old enough to behave and stay with me if she is not in a stroller if we are out shopping or on an errand.  She is a very good help and proud of her helping skills.  I think it depends a little bit on how mature your LO#1 is, but it's worked out great for us so far!  We started TTC when DD#1 was 18 mos and we got a BFP our first try.

• Options
    I'm starting a 3-year Masters program in January. We will not be TTC again until I'm in my second last semester. I don't want to be working on it with 2 kids.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I don't want to have another for  at leat 4 years but DF seems to feel otherwise. I do not want to be one with two under two, that is just not appealing to me at all. I would honestly like them to be 4-5 years apart, more so 5 though. I would prefer they really understand what being a sibling is all about and be excited for the new baby to come and be a little helper. I was 5 when my sister was born and I remember being so happy to be a big sister! A 2-3 year old doesn't understand though.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker ~*Mrs.Gallegos*~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"