Indiana Babies
Options

NBR: WWYD or I am being a b**ch?

We have my DH's best friend and another friend come over every Sunday to watch football. I don't mind that part, but what I do mind is that my DH's bf is a picky a** eater for stuff other than hotdogs, burgers, pizza, chicken fingers.  The other friend sometimes stays but sometimes he heads home before supper.

Long story short..would you ask the bf to pitch for pizza if we got delivery?  He has never offered to pay for delivery pizza when we get it even though we make sure they have pop, snacks and we pay for the Sunday Ticket on our cable bill.  

Once in a while pizza, or burgers on Sunday night is fine but, I would like to make something like pork chops, or lasagna but I know he won't eat so I don't know if I should make it and tell him when he first gets here on Sunday's and that way he knows and he can head home too around supper time to eat.  

Does this sound terrible and I am being total b**ch?  My DH said to ask you ladies and see what you would in this situation. 

Re: NBR: WWYD or I am being a b**ch?

• Options
    Huh, I would so make the lasagne and if he didn't like it he doesn't have to eat. I don't see why it would hurt if once in awhile you make what your family wants, he gets to eat for free the things he likes the other weekends.  Besides, it is your house, your family, your cable. He needs to either join in or go home is my feeling.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers imageimage
  • Options
    I wouldn't even tell him.  I'd just fix what I want for dinner and not necessarily enough for the Bf.  I get easily annoyed at things like this though.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies.
  • Options

I agree.  Fix what you like and don't tell him.  Then if he complains or asks, just say that you were getting tired of pizza and it was getting expensive.  'Nuff said. 

And what crackpot would take delivery pizza over homemade lasagna or pork chops?  Crazy.  :-)

• Options

Your house, your food, your choice.

I get so annoyed when someone cooks a meal/provides a meal and someone else (who is a guest/eating for free) has the nerve to complain about it. so.effing.rude.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

So wait, this guy is at your house every Sunday and always stays for dinner, usually delivery pizza, and has never offered to pay?  Does he ever bring over anything for y'all to eat while you watch football, dinner or snacks or otherwise?

Guy's kind of a jerk, first of all.

And secondly, you make whatever you want for dinner, and if he doesn't like it he doesn't have to eat it.  Personally, I'd withhold dinner until after the dude left.  I wouldn't want some ingrate to keep hanging around and eating dinner and never returning the favor. 

Also, I have to say... I'd be irritated at my DH if he didn't also see the problem with this dude hanging around and eating and never paying and/or contributing his own food.

#PerfectStrangers

2012 Races:
    1/28 - Planet Adventure night trail 1/4-marathon - 1:25:47
    3/24 - Sam Costa half marathon - 2:02:47
    4/14 - Hoosier 10 miler - 1:25:21 (8:32) PR!
    7/8 - XTERRA Freedom Fest Hawaii 10K
    9/1 - Indianapolis Women's Half Marathon
    10/20 - Indianapolis Marathon Relay
    11/4 - Monumental Marathon (full marathon #2)
    11/22 - Drumstick Dash 4.5mi
  • Options
    imageIndyGirl02:

So wait, this guy is at your house every Sunday and always stays for dinner, usually delivery pizza, and has never offered to pay?  Does he ever bring over anything for y'all to eat while you watch football, dinner or snacks or otherwise?

And secondly, you make whatever you want for dinner, and if he doesn't like it he doesn't have to eat it.  Personally, I'd withhold dinner until after the dude left.  I wouldn't want some ingrate to keep hanging around and eating dinner and never returning the favor. 

Also, I have to say... I'd be irritated at my DH if he didn't also see the problem with this dude hanging around and eating and never paying and/or contributing his own food.

This!

• Options
    imageBride7-14-07:
    imageIndyGirl02:

This!

Ditto!  I think he's being the rude one.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP #2 11/4/12 EDD 7/20/12 missed M/C 12/13/12 @8w5d D&C 12/21/12
    DX 2/7/13 with an alloimmunity + for anti-paternal antibodies started Lovenox daily & BA
    BFP 2/16/13 EDD 10/28/13

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"