Postpartum Depression

Help! 2 weeks on zoloft and not feeling any better....

I have severe anxiety and a touch of OCD. I went to the Dr. and 2 weeks ago was put on zoloft. I have had a rough 2 weeks with the side effects, but I have heard that is often the case and that after 2 weeks you should feel better. Welll....I don't. The side effects are gone but I still have high anxiety.

I don't know if I should be more patient and give zoloft another week or should I switch to something else? I am afraid to start the 2 week side effect period again with a new drug because I was not functioning for the last two weeks.  Arggg....sorry if this is turning into a vent but I just don't know what to do! I want to get better and it seems nothing is working.
Thanks for listening

Re: Help! 2 weeks on zoloft and not feeling any better....

• My doc said it could take up to 4 weeks to kick in.
  • My doctor said up to 3 weeks to kick in
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image
  • Loading the player...
  • I had the same experience with Zoloft- no result. I was told it can take 2-4 weeks to start to see a difference. I couldn't take the anxiety anymore. I felt like I was going to crawl out of my skin. My Dr. decided to try me on Lexapro instead and it was like night and day. I saw some real improvement within a few days. I recently went off and it has a tough withdrawal effect, but it was a miracle for me. 
    PCOS dx 2008 | BFP #1 2/26/2009 with Metformin
    Owen Matthew 11/1/2009 4lbs 10oz 16.5in
    Born 5 weeks early by C/S | Severe Pre-Eclampsia
    BFP #2 5/1/2011 | M/C @ 7 weeks | D&C 5/25/2011
    TTC #2 | HSG Clear | SA 2% Morph otherwise great
    3 failed Femara/TI cycles moving on to IUI
  • I just wanted to say I completely understand.   I do not have ppd, but anxiety and mild ocd as well.    I have had this for about 6 years and have been on lexapro the entire time.   It has recently stopped working for me almost completely and I have also been suffering.    I finally went to see a psychiatrist (which was a big step for me) who said that I can switch to zoloft if I would like.    I told her no last week because I was SOOO afraid to get worse before better or find that it does not work at all

I just as of yesterday called her and said I want to change it.   I am going to wait until after Thanksgiving in case it's really bad, I will be home at least.     I really do hope that you have success with the zoloft and it does kick in for you.    I have also heard good things about celexa but I guess it is really close to lexapro so we are trying Z first.    Please let me know what happens?    My doc says that you may be 3-4 weeks into the medication before you see the full result.

Good luck sweetie 

• I have OCD and am on Zoloft. Unfortunately, it takes a lot longer for an anxiety disorder to respond to medication than it does depression.

My doctor told me to expect it to be 6-8 weeks before noticing a significant difference and another month or two before it takes full effect. That was about my experience. I also had to work up from 25mg to 100mg over six-ish weeks. By the time I was up to 100 mg, I was feeling lots better.

I have been on it since March and it's working really well for me.

So, unless you feel like you're getting worse or are really bothered by side effect, I'd encourage you to hang in there.

What's your dose?

Also, are you in therapy as well?

image Lucy, 12/27/2009
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"