Oregon Babies
Options

child birth classes

Anyone have recommendations for childbirth classes to prepare for natural childbirth? Kaiser is my provider, but my midwife there told me I might like to look elsewhere since I am interested in minimal intervention. Did anyone use Kaiser's to prepare for natural birth? Are there other classes that you really enjoyed? Westside would be preferable......

Re: child birth classes

• Options
    I took Hypnobirthing and got a lot of great info out of it but next time I will take the Bradley classes.  My bff went with us to my hypno classes and then found out she was preggo and her and her hubby went to bradley and LOVED it.  I would recommend it.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    We also took Hypnobirth at Zenana Spa.  I had a great experience with it.  The class teaches deep relaxation, and it really helped me get through labor without meds.  Kristen is also great at prepping for what to expect at the hospital and how to prepare birth preferences.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My Doula teaches the birth classes at Kaiser Sunnyside, she's fantastic and really knows her stuff.  if you really want a natural birth (or minimal interventions at least) I highly reccomend you hire a Doula.

Here's her website! 

https://www.doulajoan.com/

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I did Hypnobabies at Ombase with Vittoria. It really helped me get through the natural birth med free. I loved the small intimate class. I too think I will do Bradley next time.
  • Options

I took Bradley and was able to have a natural birth with no interventions in a hospital setting.  I would highly recommend it.  I took my classes from Sarah Finnegan in Tualitan.   I also took Hypno-birthing with a friend ( I am the BFF from Angelcakes' post) and found it really great and very informative....just maybe not all that realistic.  Really good information and amazing relaxation techniques but for me it was not realistic to expect no pain....there was pain and I just had to know how to work around it....Bradley helped with this.

Good Luck! 

• Options
    I also have Kaiser and the class was taught by a Doula - not the same one as The Jen, but she was really great too.  Her name was Virginia.  The Kaiser class gives you a good base of knowlege, so it is worth taking in addition to other courses in my opinion.
  • Options

I took a class that worked with the Book called "Birthing From Within" it is a great book if you are looking for a natural path pregnancy, labor, and motherhood.

My instructor is pretty flexable and she is also a certified Doula and attending our birth. Her name is Megan Kelley and she works with NestBox.

If you have trouble finding her online I would love to give you her contact info.

Best of luck finding your birthing class!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"