Pre-School and Daycare

cupcake party?

SD(5) wants to have a deorate-your-own cupcake birthday party.

Has anyone done or been to one before?

I planned on baking plain cupcakes and having a few different colored icings but am stuck as to what kind of "toppings" to have.

Ideas?

Re: cupcake party?

• Haven't done one, but think it sounds like such a cute idea!

Here are my topping ideas:

-Sprinkles

-"glitter" crystals (those sprinkles that look glittery....)

-Gummi bears (I think you might be able to find mini ones....)

-Mini M&M's

-Mini marshmallow's

-Chocolate chips

-Nerds

Have fun!! 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • If you have a party supply store, or cake decorating supply store nearby, go there, and you should find plenty of sprinkles, shimmer dust, chocolate molds in fun shapes (make them ahead, and put them on the cupcakes), pre-colored fondant (use like playdoh), and plastic toppers like you get at bakeries. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Haven't done or been to one of these but it sounds like SO much fun!

Be sure to let us know how it goes.

Kids are fairly simple.  I'd probably hit the cupcake decoration isle at Hobby Lobby or my grocery store, stock up on some various sprinkles and call it done.

If you plan to have them do the frosting too we used a cool tube of icing for our Halloween cookies that looked like a container of elmer's glue and heated up in the microwave for easy squirting.  The kids had a blast with them.  Might be a bit less messy than tubs of icing. 

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • If you have a decent sized JoAnns (and I think Michaels) they carry Wilton supplies. Lots of sprinkles and some different cupcake cups than they carry in grocery stores. You can use their coupons on that stuff too
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DD1, Kathleen 9/15/2007

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"