Indiana Babies
Options

Baby in a limo ??

SIL is getting married this weekend. We're getting ready at the hotel downtown (near the Reception location) and then taking a limo to the church on the northside. I will have DD with me.

Stupid question....but how do I take a baby in a limo? Do I take her carseat/base and just strap it in? I believe we're taking the same limo back to the reception or my mom could take her carseat/base with her from the church to the reception.

Re: Baby in a limo ??

• Options

Can you just have your mom take her in her car? 

It sounds like a big pain in the ass to install the base in a limo, especially to get it leveled properly.  Will there even be enough room for her?  Then again, I avoid moving T's carseat at all costs because I hate trying to get it reinstalled and tight enough. 

You could also just use the seatbelt, instead of the base installation, so read up on your manual. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Since DH owns a limo company, we have had the boys in the limo in their car seats many, many times.  If it's just a short distance, I would just take her infant seat and strap it in with the seat belt.  That's what we did - we didn't worry about trying to install the base.  The limo driver should not be in any hurry, and chances are you'll be able to sit right next to her.

FYI - it's probably easiest to strap the seat in at one of the seats at the very back.  :)

Sara

Proud Mommy to Elliott 7.24.07 & Oliver 9.1.09 Our Blog Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageIU_baby:

Can you just have your mom take her in her car? 

It sounds like a big pain in the ass to install the base in a limo, especially to get it leveled properly.  Will there even be enough room for her?  Then again, I avoid moving T's carseat at all costs because I hate trying to get it reinstalled and tight enough. 

You could also just use the seatbelt, instead of the base installation, so read up on your manual. 

This.  When we travel we just used the seatbelt instead of the base and it worked great.

• Options

Thanks ladies!

We'll just bring the infant seat. My mom can't bring her to the actual wedding because SIL would prefer that she's there for the daytime pre-wedding festivities. Mom lives too far away from downtown to come get her and then drive to the reception.

• Options

I'm totally going to get flamed for this, and in retrospect wasn't a great idea...but at SIL's wedding last year, the limo bus we used didn't have seatbelts so I just held Ella's infant seat.

Yeah, I don't recommend that route...

Embarrassed 

Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

For my wedding, my sister put her kid's car seats in the limo

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"