Indiana Babies

Who has Ikea furniture?

In the coming few months we're looking into buying some furniture. Does anyone have any of these, how long have you had them, how are they holding up, and do you like them?

Sofas/loveseats/etc
-KARLSTAD series
-KIVIK series

and the BJURSTA dining room table

Thanks!

Re: Who has Ikea furniture?

• We have the small version of the BJURSTA dining room table and we have really liked it.  It's really easy to extend and put back into place (be sure to keep little fingers away when pulling out the extensions) .  We've had it for probably 2.5 years and it's held up really well. 
  • We have the Bjursta dining room table in brown/black. I love it because it was cheap, does not show toddler-induced scratches and dings, and is really easy to extend.

Obviously, it's not quite as solid or durable as a solid hardwood table would be, but that's why it costs less than $200.

Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We have a lot of IKEA furniture, just not those pieces.  The pieces that we have had held up extremely well.  If you go into the showrooms, you can usually tell what's well made and what's going to fall apart after a year.

• road trip to cincy?
  • imagefruitcakes:

We have a lot of IKEA furniture, just not those pieces.  The pieces that we have had held up extremely well.  If you go into the showrooms, you can usually tell what's well made and what's going to fall apart after a year.

ITA. Seems like a lot of the upholstered furniture shows wear in the showrooms...leather, not so much. I'm a firm believer that you can't skimp on upholstered stuff like sofas.

Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • We do! I'd go to a store if you could. I agree with Andrea... road trip to Cincy? (Or maybe AA ? lol) I need some new stuff anyway :)
  • Thanks everyone!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"