Indiana Babies

What's your LO's favorite thing(s) to do nowadays?

Thought this might be a good way to get ideas!

Jake is 20 months.  He loves to listen to toddler favorite songs such as itsy bitsy spider and wheels on the bus.  He is obsessed with turning things off and on and climbing.  He will move furniture to climb up to the light switch to turn it off and on.  He still loves to read and currently loves "lift the flap" type books.  He loves to take walks and refuses to get in the stroller now :-(  He likes play-dough, but still doesn't really like to color. Also, he is constantly trying to get the "mote" so he can turn on Elmo TV. 

Lauren, at 4 weeks, just likes to eat and sleep and look out the window, lol!!

Re: What's your LO's favorite thing(s) to do nowadays?

• Evelyn's newest favorite thing is to ask me to spell a million words a day :)  She loves letters and learning the alphabet and this has transformed into wanting me to spell all the time. 

She also loves to have "dance party" at our house.  We had friends over this weekend and their son and E had dance party (we turned on the music stations on out tv and they danced) and now she wants to have it every night.

She also loves books and always has.  She actually sits still through long books now which is fun.

Coloring, painting and anything artistic is a favorite too.  She also loves "drawing" on her magna doodle.

She could sing for hours.  We got her a microphone at Target for less than $3 and she plays Laurie Berkner Band.  It's just adorable to watch!!!

• Elli says everything is hot.

She loves the Hot Dog Song on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.  Loves it and we play it on you tube a number of times a day.

Eat. Eat. and Eat.

Whine.  :)

Give Hugs.

Give five or high five.

Play with beads.  She loves to put all of her "pretties" on.

• Loading the player...
  • DD likes to crawl to the hot fireplace 1000 times a day. She also enjoys crawling to the dog bowl, tv, outlets, anything with a cord, etc. lol She also likes to try and eat whatever is on the floor...a piece of dogfood, dog treat  crumbs, a chunk of wood from near the fireplace...

Other than that, she likes books, sophie, the L&L house, and the push behind toys (especially the FP stroller). She's getting to be a little less high maintenance (yay!) and will play on her own, but also still wants to be held frequently (especially in public).

Gosh, it's so fun having a baby! haha.

• Andrew is around 20 months too (I'm not sure when to switch to his actual age, ha).  He likes the same things as Jake mostly.  Light switches, buttons, lift the flap books, truck books, cars, remotes, garbage trucks, itsy bitsy spider, wheels on the buss, pat-a-cake. He loves to crawl on couches and he loves soft things like his giant pillow, he rolls all around on it like a puppy.  He loves mardi gras beads and dropping them onto slippery surfaces and watching them fall.  He loves bubbles. He LOVES Ryan's RC cars way  more than anything and freaks out if he sees them but can't have them. I  don't know why but m aybe b/c they look more real, but still are small enough he can play with.  He also really loves animals, especially fish and cats. Petsmart is still a huge hit, as is the zoo.  He also really loves new people and flirting with them, especially girls most of the time.

He did not understand the concept of coloring last we tried.  I haven't tried play dough yet, I should. 

• He likes to sit on the barstools in our kitchen and have "nac" = snacks with Mama.  He runs over and pulls the stool out himself.

He also says everything is hot, even if it's just warm.  If he thinks it's hot, he'll either wait or blow on it to cool it down

He loves football, either watching it or playing with his own little football.  Whenever it's on he claps and is mesmerized.

He has certain buttons he has to push when we're leaving the house or coming in (the garage door, the alarm system, the light switch)

He still loves to read books, mostly the same ones over and over

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Coloring (or draw! as kaylee says) but if I don't watch she bites the crayons. (this is why she gets the crayola stamper things while I'm cooking) Finger painting (especially with yogurt she's supposed to be eating) The remote and Elmo & Abby.  Little people. (I got out our christmas collection the other day) Being chased by big brother. Her dolls. Throwing random stuff and watching it fall (socks, stuffed toy, ball, ripped up pieces of kleenex) Last but not least: books!!

OH i can't forget her brothers toy lap top! I think santa better get her her own.

(DS loves spelling, reading, chasing his sister, preschool and can not wait for snow)

• not call his mother Stick out tongue
  • 15 months...

She still is absolutely obsessed with books.  And loves to color, play with stickers and draw on her magnadoodle.

She also loves to play with her "baby".  Which can be a stuffed animal, the plastic bear that went with her activity mat, or most recently the owl that acts as her traveling gnome on vacations.  She wraps baby in a blanket and carries it around, pushes it in her little stroller, rocks it to sleep or feeds it.

Here she is wrapping owly in her changing pad (clean, naturally!):

And feeding her baby:

She also loves to dance (see my FB page) Smile

• Nick is almost 22 months...

Still loves to read and recently changed up the books that we read every night.  yay for that.  He LOVES to play with trains, cannot get enough of them.  He's also into cars and recently has recently started to be all about blocks/legos again.  He also likes to play with playdough and stickers.  We got a big sectional, and everynight before bed, he loves to flop around on it, that just cracks him up.  In the mornings, he really likes watching "aaamy" aka Handy Many and "memi" aka mickey mouse clubhouse. 

This age (except for the tantrums and whining) seriously is so much fun. :)

• Gracie is now 2yrs and 4mos.

She loves playing with her dolls. She give them bottle and pushes them around in the stroller. Pretends she is combing their hair. Puts them in her bed to go night night.

She LOVES to dance and listen to music. And sings as much as she can.

She could sit and do puzzles allll day long. She surprises me on how fast she can catch on to one and put it together so fast. 

She also is doing everything I do. When I put on my make up..she wants to. When I am doing my hair...she wants to do hers. When I am cooking supper, she wants an apron on and wants to sit on the counter and help. I LOOVE it! Such a mini me!

~Micah and Danae 6-17-06~
    ~GRACIE JEAN 7-5-08~

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagefruitcakes:

15 months...

She still is absolutely obsessed with books.  And loves to color, play with stickers and draw on her magnadoodle.

She also loves to play with her "baby".  Which can be a stuffed animal, the plastic bear that went with her activity mat, or most recently the owl that acts as her traveling gnome on vacations.  She wraps baby in a blanket and carries it around, pushes it in her little stroller, rocks it to sleep or feeds it.

And feeding her baby:

these pics are TOO CUTE!

• I loved reading all of these posts, thanks for sharing!!
  • imagefruitcakes:

15 months...

And feeding her baby:

How cute is she?!  Love that last picture. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"