Indiana Babies

Dont get me wrong...

so glad my sitter called me to tell me DS had a temp of 100.9 but I wasnt happy that I had to come get him to take him to the doctor.  She thought he needed to be picked up and may still have an ear infection.   Picked him up and he seemed a little crabby and had a runny nose/sneezing but to me that just means a cold.  I took him to the dr. anyways to make sure his ears were fine and the ears are good.  Dr. said probably just a cold virus - teething and that he should be fine.......joy!!! So I hope DS feels better by Saturday for his party but a little annoyed that I really had to come pick him up from the sitter for that low of a temp!! 

She told me a 100.5 is considered a fever and the child has to be picked up and needs to be fever free for 24 hours before coming back.  I'll take his temp later tonight but I really think that's a really really low temp?!?  Am I overreacting??  I dont want the other kids sick but I just feel like she may jump the gun sometimes? 

Re: Dont get me wrong...

• Our day care's policy is that a fever of 101 must be picked up. I guess every day care or baby sitter has the right to set their own policies. ::shrug::
    Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageNDwife07:
    Our day care's policy is that a fever of 101 must be picked up. I guess every day care or baby sitter has the right to set their own policies. ::shrug::

I guess ...boo!!!  plus she always wants to add a degree!!!  

• Loading the player...
  • Like Lauren said, everyone has their own policies. 

Personally, I would probably prefer a more conservative center so that other kids who might have a slight fever don't get Andrew sick.  In turn, that would require picking him up more often, but, that's the trade-off.  Of course, I absolutely hate being sick, and I'd rather go out of my way to prevent him from being sick!

• Hmmm... I know nothing about childcare, but it sounds reasonable to me.  I guess the way I would look at would be that if it was someone elses child that had a temp (even low grade), I'd be happy they weren't around my child.  Seems like a good practice to keep them away for 24 hours to help decrease the chance of spreading illness.  But, again, I have no experience in that!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ive decided to keep him at home tomorrow even if he doesnt have a fever tomorrow morning.  I agree with you all its better to be cautious but its very hard to have two full time working parents that would have to leave work in order to pick up the child.  I of course want the best for him but sometimes I think a cold is a cold! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"