December 2010 Moms

What to wear under a sleep sack?

This is probably a silly question, but what does a baby wear under a sleep sack?  Do we put him in one of those long sleeve zip-up outfits w/ the footies?  Long sleeved onesies? 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What to wear under a sleep sack?

• the advice we got from a L&D nurse during our baby basic class was:

take whatever you are wearing and add one layer for baby.   so for sleeping if you're comfortable temperature wise in pants and a long sleeve shirt, add the sleep sack.  if it's hot and you wear much less, then baby would probably be fine in a thin long sleeve/panted onsie with a sleep sack over it.  

she cautioned us to not let baby get over heated and to not use blankets or put any stuffed animals in the crib with baby.  

• I was planning on light pjs as the under layer for the sleep sack.
    BFP #1 9/23/09. Missed MC 10w3d D&C 11/3/09.

BFP #2 4/13/10. Bridget born 12/28/10

BFP #3 Finn born 8/11/15

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1cb8c4.aspx[/img][/url]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • If it is a light weight sleep sack, like the muslin aden and anais ones, I was thinking I'd use a lightweight footed sleeper.  I also have a few fleece sleep sacks, so if I am using that, I might use something lighter weight, like just a onesie.  We keep our house pretty cool at night, but I agree with PPs that overheating is generally a bigger concern than being too chilly so I don't want to overdress LO.
    Married to DH since 6/30/2007
    Me: 32  DH: 32
    BFP #1: 4/1/2010 DS born: 12/3/10
    TTC #2 since 5/2014
    BFP # 2 : 6/16/14 EDD: 2/25/15  Missed Miscarriage discovered 7/10/14 D&C 7/17/14 Pathology results normal
    BFP #3
    : 10/21/14 EDD: 7/6/15  11/24/14:  Saw heartbeat! 
    Missed Miscarriage discovered 12/22/14 at 12w0d D&C 12/23/14 Pathology: Partial Molar Pregnancy/Triploidy
    ~~Currently benched following PMP~~ 
    **all AL welcome**

image image
    TTCAL January 2015 Siggy Challenge:  Animals in the snow
    Scumbag Penguin

• If it's a fleece sleep sack I'll just have him in a onsie - if it's a thinner material like the t-shirt-y cotton one I'll have him in one of the sleep gowns under the swaddler/sleep sack.
  • We have a wood stove and the house is pretty warm, so we are planning on just a onesie and a sleep sack.
  • We would always put DS in a onesie, a footie pj (with socks) and a sleepsack. If it was a fleecy sleepsack then I'd put him in a lighter pj, if it was the lighter sleepsack then I'd put him in a fleecy pj. Depended on the temperature that evening too.

• My LO sleeps in a long sleeve onsie, cotton footed sleeper, and fleece or velboa Halo Sleepsack. 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"