Just looking for some support — The Bump
Postpartum Depression

Just looking for some support

i am just looking for some support. I have never posted on this board and I honestly thought I was totally in the clear when it came to PPD. About two months ago I started slowing weaning DS and I noticed myself just getting sad.. nothing big but I was crying more than usual. Fast forward to now and I am feeling sad ALL THE TIME. I feel hopeless and I can't get excited about anything. Because of all this I find myself worrying about everything. It sucks. I just want to be happy. I love my son and my husband so much and I don't want to feel this way anymore. I am going to see my doctor tomorrow and I am so nervous. I honestly feel embarrassed that this is happening to me. I just wanted to post and put it all out there because for some reason it makes me feel a little better. I also am just looking for encouragement for those that have been through this before. Thank you so much .
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Just looking for some support

• Sometimes just admitting it can big a big step in helping. I am very happy to hear that you recognized the signs and are seeking help. It is difficult to come to terms with this but there really is no reason to be embarrassed, but feeling that way is perfectly natural. This board is a great shelter of support and wisdom we are here to cheer you on and keep you going and pick you up when you are down. GL at your appointment tomorrow and if you have any questions or just a place to talk this board may appear slow but we are almost always lurking ready to help.
  • Fast forward to two months from now and you'll be happy and encouraging others with similar symptoms to see their docs!  Focus on that! :-)
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh and by the way, I was totally nervous about seeing the doc too.  I actually made the appointment for "hair loss" because, well, I was losing hair from the hormone changes too, but it made me laugh and not worry about the appointment so much.  It was easy to fess up to the PPD when it was just me and the doc and not a random receptionist.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards