Moving to Hartford area — The Bump
Connecticut Babies

Moving to Hartford area

My husband just accepted a job that is based out of Windsor Locks, north of Hartford.

We are looking to purchase a home in that area in the next few months.

I'd love some tips on "good" cities or towns to live in.  I'm more of a city girl and love walking to restaurants, shops, playgrounds, etc.  But since we now have a baby school systems are more of a factor.  Any advice you can provide would be appreciated!  TIA!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2 since April 2012

Year 1 - nothing

Year 2 - two m/c

Year 3 - unexplained diagnosis & 4 failed IUIs with Clomid/Letrozole

Year 4 - still unexplained & 3 failed IUIs with Follistim & Ovidral

Year 5 - trying on our own

Re: Moving to Hartford area

• We bought a house in South Windsor last year and I love it here. My husband grew up here and the school system is really good.

Good Luck with the move.

• You may want to look into Suffield area from what I've heard and Granby as well seems like a nice place (both of which are north of hartford as well). I'd check school listing websites. The school listings can help you know which are good neighborhoods.
  • Loading the player...
  • Like the OP suggested, Windsor Locks is a great area. When we were house hunting a few years ago, we had looked at a few places in WL and they were really nice. But, we decided being from NY, we wanted somewhere a bit closer to NY. Another nice area fairly close to Hartford is Glastonbury. There are beautiful places there also. Quite a few people I work with live there.

Good luck!!! 

Three angel babies...I think it's time for a change
  • This was so helpful - thank you!  We're excited to be moving to your neck of the woods!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2 since April 2012

Year 1 - nothing

Year 2 - two m/c

Year 3 - unexplained diagnosis & 4 failed IUIs with Clomid/Letrozole

Year 4 - still unexplained & 3 failed IUIs with Follistim & Ovidral

Year 5 - trying on our own

• Welcome. i am from this area as well.... I agree south windsor is one of my favorite towns. I dont live there currently but for what I see and hear I love it

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards