Postpartum Depression

There is always hope.

I just got out of a follow up appointment with my NP re: my PPD. I'm officially in remission!  I don't want this post to be a shamless AW, or to make you ladies feel bad b/c your fight is still in full force. I just wanted to share with you that you can and will overcome PPD.  There is always a silver lining even if you may not be able to see it right now.

We use a PHQ-9 scale for testing, and my NP made a point of showing me the changes in my score since I've started Celexa in May. I"m still continuing with Celexa for the time being b/c the upcoming season is typically very difficult for me, and I'm also in the process of weaning off sleeping aids (insomnia is better too). My goal is to be off of sleep meds AND depression meds by the spring b/c DH and I  want to TTC #2.

Hang in there. Things will get better. Even on the crappy days when you may feel hopeless, look at your LO's...they alone are proof that hope exists. GL! 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: There is always hope.

• Thank you for posting and congrats!!!  It is good to know that you can get over this:)
  • That's awesome!
    imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • SO nice to get a dose of hope! The hardest days always made me feel like this all would never end.  Do you mind me asking what sleep meds you have been taking and how the weaning is going?  Sleep is a huge issue for me and I've been taking sleep aids as well, but am looking forward to longer needing them - feeling like I can't just sleep at night definitely contributes to the anxiety.  The best to you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"